Food Service Specialist Part Time
Thank you for considering a career with Pioneer Human Services! We are currently looking for a Food Service Specialist with a passion for working in human services.
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. Pioneer Center East (PCE) provides residential and intensive inpatient treatment for people who battle chronic substance use disorder.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Food Service Specialist is responsible for handling and serving food to residents. The Food Service Specialist is also responsible for maintaining all food safety guidelines and procedures. Additional responsibilities include:
- Wash dishes, clean and sanitize the kitchen area to include walk in refrigerators, freezers and restrooms
- Comply with all safety and sanitation regulations.
- Multi-tasking and working on more than one item at a time.
- Maintaining cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Assemble, package and label products for delivery.
- Wrap cold food with plastic wrap and label appropriately.
- Assist in putting product deliveries away while rotating product and keeping dry storage areas, and cold area storage areas clean and organized.
- Wipe down stainless steel work areas with sanitizing solution.
- Load and unload delivery vans.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, and possess a valid WA state Food handler’s card.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English.
PREFERABLY YOU'LL BRING
- Some experience working in a commercial kitchen environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Stability: we have over 50 years of success in Washington state.
- Impact: Pioneer provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
- Reputation: we are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington state.
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 4.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and other items.
- Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan.
- Participation in the life assistance program.
- Public transportation reimbursement.
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.