If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can help improve the daily lives of the members of your community, then consider a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for an Outreach Coordinator with a passion for human services. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an organization focused on lowering the barriers to a successful reentry for returning citizens, racial justice, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Who we are
We are a social enterprise that partners with communities to transform society by honoring the humanity of people, reducing the impact of discriminatory mass incarceration, and empowering people to live safe, healthy, productive lives through inspiration, affirmation, and by overturning barriers.
For over 60 years, we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington state that provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
What you'll do
The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for creating, developing, and maintaining relationships with community partners serving formerly justice-involved individuals for the purpose of connecting potential clients of our programs and building partnerships for Roadmap to Success. This individual will promote the RTS program and workforce services, recruit for potential students for our services, as well as foster community partnerships for the program benefit of RTS and workforce clients. They will also facilitate the intake process for the Roadmap to Success program.
What you'll bring
- Ability to obtain federal background clearance
- High level of efficiency and independent task management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and internet usage.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with socially disadvantaged populations and experience in community outreach/ fostering community partnerships.
- Bachelor's degree in business, psychology, sociology, political science - or comparable experience.
- Must possess transportation and valid Washington State Driver's License.
- Experience in motivational interviewing. (If candidate doesn't have these skills, training will be provided within the first 90 days of employment.)
What we offer
Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefits plan that includes:
- Employees regularly scheduled to work 24 hours or more a week are eligible to enroll in medical, dental, and flexible spending accounts the first of the month following date of hire.
- Full-time employees regularly scheduled for 30 hours per week or more are eligible for additional benefits, including life, AD&D, and disability coverage beginning the first of the month after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Childcare discounts through Kinside. Dependent Daycare flexible spending.
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of a bachelor's degree tuition and 50% for graduate programs. Available for full-time status employees after 3 months of employment.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 3.5% of an employee's annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and more.
- Public transportation discount.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
Pioneer Human Services is a Drug-Free Company
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana, and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.