Residential Treatment Specialist (full-time, day shift, temporary)
Thank you for considering a career with Pioneer Human Services! We are currently looking for a Residential Treatment Specialist with a passion for working in human services.
This is a full-time, day shift, temporary-position.
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly served our clients with professionalism and empathy. Pioneer Center East (PCE) provides residential and intensive inpatient treatment for people who battle chronic substance use disorder.
What You’ll Do
The Residential Treatment Specialist (RTS) is responsible for providing physical care and in collaboration with other staff, shall be responsible for implementing programming designed to assist each resident with their individual treatment plan.
What you’ll bring
- A passion to help others and for our mission: To provide individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated personal flexibility and a professional demeanor, the ability to work toward broad goals, while at the same time work with a vast number and variety of details.
- An attitude toward interactions with residents that is objective and free from personal bias: one that allows for perspective and flexibility in observing groups and individual behavior patterns.
- Course work, experience, or training in human development, chemical dependency, group dynamics, residential treatment or related disciplines desirable
- Willing and able to obtain a food handler's card.
Preferably you will bring
- One year acceptable experience in the human services field.
- Course work, experience, or training in human development, chemical dependency, group dynamics, residential treatment or related disciplines desirable.
Pioneer Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Pioneer Human Services is a drug-free company
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.