Resident Monitor Carson Home 11643
If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can help improve the daily lives of the members of your community, then consider a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Resident Monitor with a passion for human services. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an organization focused on racial justice, second opportunities, diversity, equity and inclusion.
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State that provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be working at Selma R. Carson Home, a 20-bed facility that serves undocumented and unaccompanied boys between the ages of 12 and 17 who are in the United States, and are going through immigration proceedings. You will guide, assist and support residents in their transition back into community life by carrying out the day-to-day operations of a Pioneer residential reentry program. The Resident Monitor is responsible for ensuring program and facility safety, monitoring resident movement and supporting structured cognitive and behavioral-based programming designed to promote risk reduction and successful community reintegration.
As a member of the PHS team, the Resident Monitor collaborates with other staff and community partners to promote a pro-social and supportive program climate that encourages the development of independent living skills. A resident monitor is encouraged to make recommendations to operational policies and procedures consistent with program goals and the agency mission
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Be at least twenty-one years of age, or between eighteen and twenty-one years of age if enrolled in an internship or practicum program with an accredited college or university and can provide sufficient documentation.
- Have a high school diploma or high school or equivalency course of study (GED/HSEC);
- Have one year of experience working directly with children. Two years of social services education may be substituted for the required experience;
- Have the skills and ability to work successfully with the special needs of children in care; and
- Have effective communication and problem solving skills and able to multi-task.
- Pass and maintain required background clearance as required by DSHS.
- CPR/First Aid Certification within 30 days of hire
- Obtain and maintain a current Food Handlers card within 14 days of hire
BONUS POINTS IF YOU
- Have a valid driver's license, ability to meet requirements of a Company Approved Driver
- Education: AA Degree or relevant college course work, continuing education and/or training in human services.
- Experience: 1 to 3 years of experience working in the criminal justice and/or correctional system(s) or related field.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan that includes:
- Medical, vision, prescription, dental and flexible spending account (FSA).
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 3.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and more.
- Public transportation discount.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.