Residential Youth Specialist (FT Swing)
Thank you for considering a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Full-Time Residential Youth Specialist for our Snohomish County Youth Programs.
These programs are comprised of the Cypress House in Lynnwood, the Sequoia House in South Everett and the Tamarack House in Marysville. Each program is located in a single family home and provides housing and support to boys between the ages of 13 to 18 who are facing emotional, behavioral and/or psychiatric challenges.
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly served our clients with professionalism and empathy. You may learn more about our organization, mission, and vision here: About Us.
What You’ll Do
Our Residential Youth Counselor will supervise and support residents in ways that create a climate of social and emotional development. The scope of work includes but is not limited to ensuring program and facility safety, supporting structured cognitive and behavior based programming with the objective of risk reduction and successful community reintegration.
What you’ll bring
- Per WAC 388-145-1445
- (1) Each direct care staff must:
- (a) Be at least twenty-one years of age, unless they meet the requirements in subsection (2) of this section;
- (b) Have a high school diploma or high school or equivalency course of study (GED/HSEC);
- (c) Have one year of experience working directly with children. Two years of social services education may be substituted for the required experience;
- (d) Have the skills and ability to work successfully with the special needs of children in care; and
- (e) Have effective communication and problem solving skills.
- (2) Direct care staff may be between eighteen and twenty-one years of age if enrolled in an internship or practicum program with an accredited college or university and can provide sufficient documentation.
Preferably you will bring
- AA Degree or relevant college course work, continuing education and/or training in human services. OR
- A bachelor's degree; or (a) At least two years of college and one year of work in a group residential program for adolescents; and (b) May substitute experience for education on a year-for-year basis in the human services or criminal justice and/or mental health system(s) including internships and/or volunteer placements
- Familiarity with and understanding of “Right Response” preferred
This is a 24/7 facility, schedules could vary depending on facility need, this includes holidays and weekends.
Expected schedule is 2 p.m. – 10 p.m., may include weekends.
Some travel is required, and is typically local or regional, to attend or provide training. Must have a valid driver's license and auto insurance if driving on company business, and when driving company vehicle must have driving record satisfactory to Pioneer’s insurance carrier.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Stability: We have over 50 years of success in Washington State.
- Impact: Pioneer provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
- Reputation: We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State.
- Tuition Assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement Plan: Pioneer contributes 4.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee Recognition Programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and other items.
- Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan.
- Participation in the Life Assistance Program.
- Public transportation reimbursement.
Pioneer Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Pioneer Human Services is a drug-free company
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to: