Deli/Bakery Associate - Yongsan Commissary
The main job of the deli/bakery/sushi associate is to serve customers. Through the deli/bakery/sushi department, you will be responsible for many different tasks from waiting on customers, to food preparation to filling party orders.
A deli/bakery/sushi department, like any food service institution, needs to be kept very clean, both to maintain the quality of the food and the health of the customers, and to comply with strict food safety laws. Cleaning involves washing the dishes used in food production, cleaning counters, sweeping floors, and general maintenance of the premises.
- Serve customers in eating places that specialize in fast service and inexpensive carryout food.
- Clean and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
- Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints.
- Prepare daily food items, and cook simple foods and beverages, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, cakes, bread and cookies using proper safety precautions and sanitary measures.
- Select food items from serving or storage areas and place them in dishes, on serving trays, or in takeout bags.
- Collect and return dirty dishes to the kitchen for washing.
- Perform personnel activities such as supervising and training employees.
- Monitor and order supplies or food items and restock as necessary to maintain inventory.
- Wash dishes.
- Pack food, dishes, utensils, tablecloths, and accessories for transportation from catering or food preparation establishments to location designated by customers.
- Distribute food to servers.
- Arrange tables and decorations according to instructions.
- Education: Prefer High School degree. In the absence of formal education, experience that is equivalent and directly related may be substituted.
- Experience: Prefer retail experience in deli/bakery/sushi departments.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Welcome cross-cultural interactions and value the differences amongst cultures. Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude. Self-starter and able to work independently. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and provide a high level of internal/external customer service. Must have ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical Demands: Standing for long periods. Repetitive motion using hands, wrist and digits. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 25 pounds. May require trips to frozen and refrigerated areas to verify product that will expose employee to cold climate conditions.
- Must be able to work any shift hours, weekends, overtime and holidays as needed to accomplish the goals of the department and Company.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.