Information Systems Analyst- Revenue Cycle
Summary/objective: Implement, maintain, and support IT and Information Systems to meet the business needs of the Revenue Cycle and Operations teams.
- Analyze revenue related data, reports and documents and develop analysis and solutions to solve complex revenue cycle problems
- Collaborates with internal and external partners for workflow design, analysis and recommendations for process improvement
- Assists with application research and analysis for design decision and specification documentation
- Performs RCM related database maintenance, including the build of pathways/screens/forms/ ranging from simple to complex development; thoroughly tests and validates data/outcomes; documents and communicates system change
- Develops specifications and layout for customer required reports
- Develop reports and dashboards to provide more insight into revenue cycle operations
- Analyze data to provide insights into recurring trends in the revenue cycle process to tell the story behind the numbers and provide recommendations to management
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for management reporting
- Coordinate with facilities to drive improvements at the source of revenue by developing processes to improve accuracy and efficacy in the data collection process and work closely with the Technology and Operations teams to deliver the same
- Responsible for properly utilizing the customer service software and adhering to all policies and procedures related to the use of the software
- Provides 24 x 7 on-call support acting as gatekeeper for triage of tickets including in depth notes
- Facilitates meetings, creates minutes and manages action logs
- Maintains Knowledge Base and/or Application Inventory on new applications and troubleshooting procedures.
- Initiates and facilitates troubleshooting/problem solving for projects and support.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulatory compliance
- May manage small projects
- Strong analytics and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and be able to articulate clearly
- Able to own and execute multiple simultaneous tasks
- Self-starter and self-learner and work with minimal supervision
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: the work environment; temperature, noise level, inside or outside, or other factors that will affect the person's working conditions while performing the job.
Position type and expected hours of work: Full Time
Travel: 25% (if necessary)
Required education and experience:
- Must have Bachelors’ degree in Business Analytics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related fields
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis or related data management roles
- Must have Healthcare and/or Health Insurance industry experience
- Must have knowledge of SQL (any flavor) and experience in writing complex queries
- Must have advanced excel skills (e.g. lookups, validations, VBA macros)
- Knowledge of BI tool like Tableau or BusinessObjects is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.