- Patients & Family
- Treatment & Therapies
- While You're Here
- Life After Treatment
Start Your Recovery Now
Reserve A Bed
Overcoming addiction can be difficult and challenging, but you don’t have to do it alone. We’re here for you every step of the way—let us help you start your journey toward a better life and lasting recovery.
Take the first step to recovery that lasts.
To reserve a bed, please answer the following questions. After processing your submission, including insurance information, our patient contact center will send you a notification to confirm your reservation. Thank you.
1. Responsible for the overall direction of all clinical services. LPC or LCSW is required
2. Participate in Policy and Procedure Committee; make recommendations for additions/amendments to Policies and Procedures/ prepare draft policies for approval.
3. Responsible for maintaining CSAC accreditation status for all clinical aspects of care.
4. Chairs the Performance Improvement Committee—including but not limited to chairing the monthly meeting no later than ten days after the end of the month, be responsible for collating the data, analyzing and report findings of monitoring indicators; generate the monthly report to be submitted to administration.
5. Assesses and develops overall clinical services.
6. Oversees counseling department staffing.
7. Provides in-service training to clinical staff on regularly-scheduled basis.
8. Monitors clinical records regularly for quality and compliance with State, Federal, and any grant/funding source regulations. Conducts mock inspections.
9. Participates in research and evaluation activities as required by Virginia Dept. of Behavioral Health.
10. Provides training and technical assistance to community agencies as requested.
11. Provides individual and group supervision to counseling staff.
12. Provides training regarding managing difficult or complex clients.
13. Conduct counseling staff performance appraisals.
14. Oversees counseling case assignments and discharges.
15. Conducts weekly case conference with inter-disciplinary team.
16. Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations.
17. Must be knowledgeable of and enforce agency policies and procedures.
18. Manages a caseload and fills in for absent counselors as needed.
19. Works with Director on Community Relations Plan.
20. Other related duties as assigned.
1. Licensed Practicing Counselor in good standing required
a. Have a Master’s degree in human services, the mental health or social work or social work fields, which at least five years of experience in addiction services, with two of those years in supervisory capacity, and be Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor or Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor; or
b. Have a doctoral degree in human services, mental health, social work or medicine, with at least two years of supervisory experience and at least one of the following certifications.
§ Licensed or Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Counselor (LCADC or CADC); (LPC required)
§ Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS);
§ American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) board certification ;
§ American Psychology Association, College of Proficiency in the treatment of Alcohol and other Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders; or
§ American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Certificate in Added Qualifications in Addiction Psychiatry.
2. To possess the knowledge and understanding of how to recognize and manage an opiate or other drug overdose.
3. To understand the clinical benefits and limitations of urine screens, toxicology, and other testing procedures.
4. Trained/certified in CPR and Basic Life Support
5. To be culturally competent.
6. Knowledge of 12- Step Recovery Program theory preferred.
7. Knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Access helpful.
8. Must meet the minimum standards as set forth in the Competencies for the director of Substance Abuse Services
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.