Certified Recovery Specialist
Provides peer support services, serves as a patient advocate, provides patient information and peer support for patients in emergency, outpatient , and inpatient settings. The CRS performs a wide range of tasks to assist patients in regaining control over their lives and recovery process. The CRS will model competence in recovery and coping.
- Assist patients in articulating personal goals for recovery
- Utilize his/her unique recovery experience to teach and role model the value of every individual's recovery experience.
- Observe and reinforce positive progress that patients make toward recovery goals
- Teach problem-solving skills
- Teach patients to identify and combat negative self-talk
- Assist patients in building social skills by demonstrating and reinforcing proper conduct and respectful interaction
Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Self-identify as a current or former patient. Must be maintaining healthy recovery from substance abuse. Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to meet written communication requirements. Must be able to verify completion of state-approved training program and passing score on certification exam.
We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package, paid time off, and the opportunity for professional development and advancement.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.