Principal Software Engineer
At Ping Identity, we believe in making digital experiences both secure and seamless for all users, without compromise. We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that inspires our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Our intelligent, cloud identity platform lets people shop, work, bank, and interact wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
While protecting digital identities is at the core of our technology, protecting individual identities is at the core of our culture. We champion every identity. One of our core values, Respect Diversity, reminds us to celebrate differences so you are empowered to bring your authentic self to work.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado and we have offices and employees around the globe. We serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including more than half of the Fortune 100. At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people and businesses think about cybersecurity, digital experiences, and identity, and access management.
As a Principal IAM Software Developer, you will work on a cross-functional engineering team developing the next generation of Identity and Access Management SaaS products. You will have opportunities to work on PingOne multi-tenant cloud platform that redefined how IAM admins design the user journey. Our team works on essential user-related features and collaborates with other departments and development teams throughout the Agile development process. Come be part of something extraordinary!
- Design and develop APIs and scalable microservices for the AWS cloud using Java
- Work with product managers, architects, and other stakeholders to deliver product capabilities
- Develop test automation assets in a continuous integration and deployment environment.
- Guide scalability and performance improvements.
- Troubleshoot issues, and provide fixes
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Develop features and enhancements from user stories
- Become a product expert in important areas to encourage higher-quality development efforts
- Design and Build customer-facing web applications using our shared React component library
- Report to a Development Manager in the R&D Organization
- Deep hands-on experience in the design, development and deployment of business software at scale.
- Fundamental knowledge in Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Familiarity with the following protocols: SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, and SCIM.
- Experience building scalable AWS cloud-based applications
- 14+ years of experience and strong proficiency with Java as a backend
- Experience integrating REST APIs with web applications
- Experience debugging using browser development tools
- Proficient in Unix-based environments
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Customer-facing skills to represent Ping Identity well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation.
- Leading/Involved in the highly available and fault-tolerant enterprise.
- Knowledge of Dockerization and Kubernetes
- Good security and identity concepts
- Experience with asynchronous messaging (Kafka, Redis)
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Awareness/experience of Cloud Platforms AWS/Azure
- Generous time off
- Parental Leave
- Generous Holiday Schedule
Ping Identity is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.