BREEDER CREW TEAM MEMBER - DAYS
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best and take pride in giving our team members opportunity to grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future for you and your family!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our team as a BREEDER CREW TEAM MEMBER! Position starts at $17.96/Hour and we are offering a $3000 HIRING Bonus!
- 5 Days of Vacation, after 60 days of employment
- Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
- 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
- Training provided with a trainer/mentor
- Advancement opportunities
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Breeder Catcher/Laborer is responsible for catching, vaccinating, and moving chickens to meet company requirements. Responsible for providing assistance with sanitation of equipment and buildings as required by Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Catches and places pullets into coops for transporting to layer barns using great caution.
Unloads breeding stock into layer barns using great caution.
Assembles and disassembles track used in pullet moving.
Assists in moving male roosters from stud barn.
Assists in the 12-week and 17-week vaccination of pullets. This includes:
· Very careful handling and holding of birds for vaccination
· Precise breast or wing vaccination of breeding stock
Assists in repair of breeder equipment which includes vaccination guns and pullet moving equipment.
Occasionally assists in complete sanitation and disinfecting of breeder facilities.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· High School or GED required
· Class D drivers license
· Ability to work in a dusty environment
· Desire to obtain CDL not required but highly preferred
· Ability to lift 50 pounds