MAINTENANCE MANAGER IN TRAINING
Maintenance Manager in Training (MMIT)
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Develops and coordinates implementation of Pilgrims Maintenance Pillar and supporting SAP technology, through maintenance managers, planners and supervisors, to improve equipment reliability, predictive and preventive maintenance, and work force effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering, plant maintenance staff and equipment suppliers.
- Leads, along with Maintenance Directors, the continuous improvement of the Pilgrims Maintenance Pillar, and materials to communicate expectations, processes, and tools.
- Leads initiatives, with IT technical support, on how best to utilize SAP and technology capabilities to improve processes, data capture and spend/reliability analysis.
- Provides Maintenance Pillar and SAP education and training for plant maintenance teams to improve work performance and equipment reliability.
- Develops and automates metrics to track maintenance performance.
- Develops maintenance budget templates and trains maintenance management on process.
- Analyzes and compares equipment spend across plants to identify and communicate best practices to maintain equipment and improve equipment performance.
- Interfaces with equipment suppliers to obtain manuals and optimal spend recommendations.
- Develops master PM templates, content and optimal spend for critical equipment.
- Serves as the Pilgrims expert on SAP functionality and procedures.
- Serves as liaison with Corporate Safety and QA to insure maintenance processes support our people and food safety initiatives.
- Must be able to travel 50% of time, with overnight stays of 1-4 days.
- Must be able to work independently and exhibit Pilgrim values to uphold maintenance pillar.
- Must be able to traverse processing areas and equipment.
- MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE
Typically requires an Associate’s Degree or completion of Vocational/Technical specialty certification/licensure program in a related field.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement. Proven experience and aptitude to quickly learn, apply and teach technology and software solutions.