Program Manager: The Center for Executive Education
Position Title: Program Manager: The Center for Executive Education
Reports to: Chair of the Center for Executive Education
Location: Kigali, Rwanda, with occasional travel to Butaro, Rwanda
The dynamic and rapidly growing Center for Executive Education at UGHE is seeking a highly skilled, mature, and experienced project/program manager. Current Executive Education programming includes 9-12 month certificate training programs in areas as diverse as management and leadership of: Communicable diseases, vaccination programs, and digital health among many other areas of healthcare leadership. The Program Manager of the Center for Executive Education will help oversee and manage all of the projects and programming delivered by the Center for Executive Education at UGHE, as well as assist the Chair of the Center for Executive Education in the oversight and management of all new and future Executive Education programming. The program manager will be responsible for liaising and coordinating with all stakeholders of Executive Education programs and projects, as well as with the planning, public relations, development, and delivery of all Executive Education projects and programs. S/he must have excellent communication and organization skills and must be fluent in English and French to manage both anglophone and francophone programming. Past experience in program and project management, particularly in the health sector, with completion of a Masters degree is sought.
● Assist the Chair of Executive Education in supporting the design and delivery of high-quality educational programming that is aligned with overall programmatic objectives.
● Oversee the management and smooth delivery of all online and on-site programming, including any needed logistics.
● Liaise and coordinate with pertinent stakeholders on all programming.
● Oversee the delivery and dissemination of all program materials and assist the Chair in the design/selection of these.
● Participate in curriculum development, syllabus development and program evaluation design
● Monitor all Executive Education program timelines and track program progress against major milestones and targets, and provide updates to the Chair of Executive Education.
● Assist the Chair in the development and delivery of program proposals/concept notes.
● Oversee the design, delivery, and analysis of program monitoring and evaluation contributing to the development of post-program evaluation reports.
● Assist the Chair in assessing funder needs and identifying how to deliver funder needs.
● Assist the Chair in the development of webinars and other activities needed for programs/projects.
● Liaise with departments throughout the university to ensure the on-time delivery of tasks for Executive Education programs.
● Develop and oversee the management of all site visits for Executive Education programs in collaboration with the community-based education team and other relevant partners and health leaders at various levels in Rwanda.
● Manage and assist the Chair in the completion and delivery of all periodic reporting for all programs (as well as for the Center overall), including quarterly administrative & financial reports.
● Develop and oversee the implementation of a program management and communication system to track the planning, implementation, and follow-up of each Executive Education program.
● Master’s degree in management, project management, international development, public health, global health or related fields.
● Background/experience in project management/ project direction with excellent organizational skills.
● Prior work with NGOs/INGOs and/or academia desired.
● Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite programs and Google Suite products.
● Must be bilingual with native level spoken and written French and fluency in spoken and written English and excellent editing skills.
Applicants should provide: (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter, (3) names and contact information of three professional references who can attest to work experience, and (4) copies of all degrees earned. Please upload your cover letter and copies of degrees as a single PDF file under "Additional Files" on the application page.
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The University launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD). Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both
ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality healthcare to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The UGHE team seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.