Research and Content Development Associate
Arts and Culture in Global Health Public Engagement Department
Title: Research and Content Development Associate
Reports to: Director of Arts and Culture in Global Health Public Engagement
Job type: Full Time
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is an independent, accredited university with the mission to train the next generation of global health professionals and thinkers to be leaders and change makers so that equitable, quality health services are accessible and delivered to all.
At UGHE, we believe that building bridges across sectors is a necessity to sustainably transform health education and delivery globally, but also to eliminate the gap between the most and least disadvantaged.
During the past two years, UGHE had incubated a series of projects looking at the role and contributions of culture and arts in individual and community health as well as in generating health outcomes and engaging the public about health and wellbeing. As part of those projects, UGHE created Hamwe Festival in 2019, a platform bringing the health sector together with creative industries annually, with the dual mission to create an enabling environment for strong collaboration between the health and creative sectors, as well as to generate new insights into global health challenges and corresponding solutions, using the unique and complementary vantage points of creative and global health professionals. After two years of existence, Hamwe festival has proven its value by attracting a large public in Rwanda and beyond, but also by hosting innovative high-quality creative research content contributing to successful engagement and the creation of partnerships across sectors.
Acknowledging this success, UGHE created the Arts and Culture in Global Health Public Engagement in charge of organizing Hamwe Festival annually and designing, implementing and evaluating arts and culture in health projects at community, national and global level.
UGHE is looking for a Research and Content Development Associate to support the Arts and Culture in Global Health Public Engagement research projects. The ideal candidate is a creative, dedicated global health professional that will act as a resource for a multidisciplinary team, providing expertise at various steps of research projects design and implementation and finally providing content for events, publications and other engagement activities.
- Researching, preparing, writing, and editing content for engagement activities.
- Actively supporting team members in creating vibrant content to engage selected audiences with health sciences (audio, video and written pieces...).
- Contributing to all the engagement activities content preparation steps, including research, quality control, facts checking, participant identification and editing.
- Providing global health expertise to creative, video makers, design agencies and other partner agencies when requested to create content in line with latest academic research findings and publication.
- Supporting the preparation of meetings and other discussions.
- Documenting panels, meetings, interviews and other events, and ensure
- Interacting with UGHE collaborators and providing them with needed research and information and the support they need to achieve the department objectives.
- Contributing to multiple research projects at once.
- Coordinating the preparation of publications, reports, presentation and other project documents.
- Communicating with senior researchers to understand business challenges and potential solutions.
- Participating in training sessions and workshops.
- Conducting literature reviews and other key research project steps , collecting and analyzing data and preparing materials for submission to funding agencies.
- Contributing to UGHE reporting process and other relevant activities leading to the achievement of the department and institution success.
- Conducting the hiring and training of volunteers, interns and junior research staff.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master degree in health sciences
- At least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Experience contributing effectively to multidisciplinary teams project coordination
- High level of familiarity with the field of global health equity
- Demonstrated familiarity with the creative sector at the African level
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English with previous publications (book contribution, article, Op Eds or others) - fluency in Kinyarwanda will be an asset
- Ability to lead data collection and analysis processes (quantitative and qualitative) from process design to implementation, analysis and follow-through
- Skills in the use of computer data analysis softwares and database applications
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment