Operations Systems Specialist
Position Title: Operations Systems Specialist
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Port au Prince Haiti, with frequent travel within Haiti
The Operations Systems Specialist plays a key role in ensuring the ZL operations team can provide timely, efficient, and high quality support for the delivery of care in Haiti. The Specialist will be responsible for supporting and training the Haiti-based users of PIH’s software systems used for operations management, including PIH’s Logistics Management Information System, OpenBoxes. OpenBoxes has 50 active users across 12 facilities in Haiti, with another 40 users across several other countries. Partners In Health uses the software to track the movement of supplies throughout its global network. The specialist will provide training and user support for all Zanmi Lasante users of OpenBoxes, including developing training materials, collecting and documenting user feedback, testing new features and providing feedback to the global OpenBoxes support team, and supporting implementations of the software or new modules at facilities in Haiti. They will work with the global support team and users in Haiti to identify and implement areas for improvement.
In addition to supporting the use of OpenBoxes, the Specialist will support ZL operations team members with optimizing the use of other electronic systems such as Microsoft Office 365 and a work order software system. The Specialist will also partner with Zanmi Lasante’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team to implement data quality measures and data analysis using operations data to inform decision making.
OpenBoxes Administration and Support (30%): Act as the Zanmi Lasante team’s primary administrator of OpenBoxes, including but not limited to the activities listed below:
- Monitor the OpenBoxes helpdesk and respond promptly to all bug reports or requests for assistance
- Configure the software as requested, including creating new users, locations, and products
- Regularly solicit feedback from users across all PIh-supported facilities in Haiti, and send feedback to the OpenBoxes global support team
- Analyze OpenBoxes data to proactively identify and lead opportunities for improvement through user training and data management/cleaning
OpenBoxes Training and Documentation (40%):
- Develop an onboarding plan for new users of OpenBoxes
- Manage the training of new users within OpenBoxes, and conduct regular refresher trainings for all users
- Support the development of training documentation for OpenBoxes globally by documenting features in the OpenBoxes wiki and developing short training videos
- Translate release notes for new features into Creole and disseminate to all ZL users; update all training documentation as new features are released
- Conduct training for all users when new features are released
Software testing and implementation (10%)
- Assist with configuration and testing of new features
- Prepare data imports for implementation of OpenBoxes at new facilities
- Create implementation work plans and travel to implement OpenBoxes or new features at Zanmi Lasante sites
General Operations Systems Support (20%)
- Provide user support for digital tools used by operations team members, including Microsoft Teams and PowerBI
- Support the implementations of new software systems within the operations team as needed. This could include systems related to biomedical and facilities maintenance and medication dispensing
- Ensure electronic systems are well-integrated into daily operations processes
- Ensure ZL stakeholders outside of the operations team understand how operations systems align with and support their work
- Promote the use of operations data for decision making by working with ZL leadership and M&E colleagues to conduct and use data analyses
- Combined 6-8 years experience and education (post-secondary degree counts towards education) in supply chain, operations, informatics, or similar field, including at least 1-2 years of experience providing trainings and user support for software
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems or Logistics Management Information Systems (LMIS) or proven ability to learn new software quickly
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated success solving problems creatively
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
- High attention to detail and ability to respond to changing priorities
- Professional level Haitian Creole and English language skills
- Ability and willingness to travel within Haiti as needed to remote areas with limited infrastructure development
- Interest in social justice and health equity
- Experience managing and analyzing large data sets
- Experience with IT, tech support, software development, or software implementation
Zanmi Lasante (ZL) is a Haitian organization based in Cange, Central Plateau, and Artibonite with administrative offices in Santo, Port-au-Prince. ZL is a well-known not-for-profit organization, the mission of which is to provide a preferential option to the poor in healthcare. ZL works closely with its sister organization Partners In Health (PIH), based in Boston, United States, to bring the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need of them and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH delivers clinical services, training and research programs in 11 countries (Haiti, Peru, Russia, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mexico, Kazakhstan, Navajo Nation) and has a growing number of affiliated organizations and initiatives in many other countries such as Nepal, Burundi, Mali, Guatemala and Togo.
The organization works relentlessly to bring solutions to important challenges while its growing exposure is accelerating important changes in existing programs such as HIV and TB, maternal and child health, nutrition, health promotion and community health, mental health, non-communicable diseases, etc. ZL is always actively seeking new, qualified and talented individuals to join its team and further its mission.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.