Student Services Coordinator
The Student Services Coordinator is an integral and valued member of a small team that is building robust systems to support an environment conducive to all students’ wellbeing at UGHE. S/he will execute and aid in the development of UGHE’s student offerings and services, ensuring that each student has the tools and support for success personally, professionally, and academically. The Coordinator will execute programs for students in the following areas:
- Alumni relations
- Career development
- Community engagement
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Culture
- Leadership development
- Recreation and leisure
- Residential life
- Student government
- International student services
The Coordinator will interact with students, faculty, staff, and, on occasion, external partners at all levels, across time zones and cultures. S/he must be committed to engaging collaboratively with faculty and students to respond effectively and empathetically to concerns.
- Serve as the representative for student affairs in any events in which UGHE students are engaged
- Execute and support in the development of new programs and facilities related to student services and student experience, with deep attention to fostering an environment that enhances the students’ educational opportunities through an exceptional living and learning experience
- Promote and foster a student culture where diversity is honored and where students learn to respect differences, to take responsibility for their actions, and to exercise leadership and community engagement, while also ensuring that all students are supported according to the equity values at the core of UGHE’s mission
- Execute and process both formal and informal systems for receiving and addressing student feedback
- Report student feedback to the Manager of Admissions, Records, and Student Services, and ensure timely implementation of solutions
- Proactively identify and respond to any campus crises or emergencies related to students’ well-being
- Develop and execute Orientation activities with the support of the Resident Assistant
- Ensure students are following residence life UGHE policies and procedures
- Report any misconduct or violations to residence life UGHE policies and procedures to UGHE administration
- Supervise and lead the campus Resident Assistant
- Degree in higher education, student services/affairs, counselling, social work, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in higher education, program administration, or counseling activities.
- Experience in multicultural education, community engagement, and/or leadership development
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership and administrative skills
- A passion for providing and supporting an environment in which all students can thrive, and a deep commitment to the mission of the University as well as a vision for increased excellence in the student experience required
- Experience in project management and/or program creation, design, and implementation, particularly in a fast-paced, startup environments
- Proven ability to manage through crises with discretion and a sense of responsibility and respect for students, families, and the institution
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to work with and represent the student experience to faculty, staff, alumni and other stakeholders
- Experience in multicultural working environment required; experience working in low and middle income countries preferred
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in Kinyarwanda and/or French desired
- This position will require working beyond traditional hours.