Impact and Systems Coordinator
Title: Impact and Systems Coordinator
Reports to: Senior M&E Manager
Positions reporting to: None
Description: Under direction of the Senior M&E Manager, the Impact and Systems Coordinator is responsible for coordinating a variety of quality and performance measurement initiatives, such as data analysis and reporting for operational/clinical departments, quality of care, clinical outcome performance tracking, data utilization and measurement support. The successful candidate will support Kayonza district and IMBP/PIH to implement their strategy and vision. S/he will work closely with IMB and hospital M&E team to increase the capacity for data-driven decision making while ensuring the evaluation of outcomes/sustainability of programs through planning and learning sessions.
The successful System & Impact Coordinator will coordinate qualitative and quantitative clinical and administrative data from multiple sources to provide meaningful reports and presentations on a regular basis. This position will constantly evaluate data quality and communicate characteristic data issues for their improvement by the hospital and district teams. S/he will take an active part in the set-up and implementation of monitoring and review mechanisms to adequately measure the impact of health interventions, with focus on IMB district partnership in Kayonza. S/he will coordinate efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with project documents and IMB partnership requirements, and participate in program review and development planning research and programmatic activities
Increase data-driven decision-making
- Collaborate across IMB and hospital services to improve processes and systems leading to data-driven decision-making
- Coordinate initiatives to increase access and utilization of data for decision-making
- Coordinate data-driven learning strategy to address and solve strategic and operational challenges in IMB and at the hospital
- Support Learning Sessions where programs and stakeholders examine performance data to more effectively and efficiently drive improvement in performance
- Coordinate IMB-Kayonza partnership activities and compilation of key deliverables data
- Contribute to proposals development, donor/stakeholder reporting and research.
- Support IMB and Rwinkwavu hospital in the dissemination of health outcomes and impact, including research
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience working with clinical data. Or equivalent
- 2- 5 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation
- 2-5 years of experience in QI projects and process improvement
- 2-5 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
- Experience coordinating workshops and other capacity building activities
- 2-5 years of experience in DHIS2/HMIS data entry, extraction, and dashboards
- 2- 5 years of experience using tools for manipulation and analysis of data
- Familiarity with clinical terminology
- Strong written and spoken skills and ability to communicate clearly with a variety of stakeholders in Kinyarwanda, French and English.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to focus detailed concentrated effort to multiple projects and re-establish priorities as necessary.
- Attention to detail that ensures follow through on all initiatives implemented, and all projects undertaken.
- Ability to transfer technical skills to non-technical trainees/mentees
- Ability to work and live in rural settings.
- Ability to live PIH/IMB values: Ubumuntu, Ubupfura, Ubwubahane, Ubunyangamugayo, Ubumwe, Agaciro, Kugira ishyaka.