Information Technology Regional Director
Position Title: Information Technology Regional Director
Department: Strategic Information and Systems
Reports to: Senior Director, Information Technology
Location: Haiti (up to 25% travel)
The Information Technology (IT) Regional Director works closely with the Senior Director of Information Technology to provide strategic planning, mentorship and technical guidance for PIH care delivery site IT teams, with a focus on PIH’s work in Haiti. It is a pivotal role that involves cross-functional collaboration across many PIH teams to ensure successful buildout, operation and support of development and production service environments. The ideal candidate for this role will have a deep understanding of data center management, compute, storage and virtualization technologies, networking of small to medium sized environments, systems administration, desktop support, strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, familiarity with healthcare technology, excellent automation skills, strong understanding of cybersecurity, implementing security best practices and mitigation. Experience leading training and documenting good security hygiene, as well as proven communication skills.
This role will build connections between IT personnel across teams globally, to drive the organization forward in the effective and efficient use of technology. Identifies and introduces mitigation techniques for risks identified within technologies and implementations to reduce overall organizational risk and exposure. Defines and builds strategic goals for the organization around use of technology and advocates for long-term vision of the role technology has in support of PIH’s overall mission.
Technical Support to Care Delivery Sites (75%)
- Provide thought partnership and technical support to site information systems leads on strategy related to IT system infrastructure, IT security, and applications.
- Provide expert advice on IT budgets and timeline requirements for projects globally.
- Support procurement of technology items to care delivery sites.
- Work to build and improve upon IT infrastructure at the sites, with focus on technologies that can help save costs, improve reliability, increase security, and promote efficiency.
- Coach, mentor, and support OnePIH IT team members in professional growth.
- Build processes and workflows for successful collaboration across the OnePIH Information technology teams.
- Work with coordination site and care delivery IT leaders to prioritize, plan and manage complex organizational IT projects.
- Analyze the business requirements of the organization to determine technology needs.
- Identify and disseminate best practices on IT teams across OnePIH to ensure optimal cross-site learning.
- Co-lead the development of a technology roadmap that supports the OnePIH mission.
- Continually assess and monitor the technology horizon for new developments that may help the organization.
- Minimum 10 years’ proven experience in information technology and resource management.
- Excellent skills in strategic planning, technical mentorship, computing, networking and systems.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams of stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.