Event Operations Assistant
Job Title: Event Operations Assistant
Reports to: Director Arts and Culture in Global Health Public Engagement
Fixed Term Contract: 7 months starting June 1st
Location: Kigali, Rwanda;
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new kind of university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Hamwe Festival works to generate new insights and brings public awareness to global health challenges and corresponding solutions, using the unique and complementary vantage points of the creative community and global health professionals. With the success of the Hamwe Festival and other arts initiatives at UGHE, in 2021, we institutionalized Hamwe Festival into a university department called the Arts & Culture in Global Health Public Engagement, whose responsibilities will contribute to UGHE’s mission by engaging the general public and global health communities on current global health issues through arts and cultural activities to sensitize and increase understanding on those global health issues.
UGHE is looking for an Event Operations assistant to contribute to this effort especially to the fourth edition of Hamwe Festival that will take place from November 9th to 13th 2022. the ideal candidates would be enthusiastic about global health equity and health humanities
- Help manage the events on-site ensuring they run smoothly from conception to delivery, working with venues, partners other event UGHE staffs and participants.
- Assist in coordinating vendors, and help prepare event documents including production schedules, and production manuals.
- Supervise set-up and dismantling of events – ensure audio and video equipment, lighting and any required equipment are place before the event, and then collected after the event.
- Research and maintain a database of event vendors such as venues, and event production agencies.
- Act as liaision with event production stakeholders
- Assist with the creation, distribution, and management of production related materials such as terms of reference.
- Create event rehearsal schedules and timelines.
- Assist in creating and maintaining the department’s events production calendar.
- Attend and document project meetings.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues as appropriate to the department's success by contributing to brainstorming and collaborative decision making in internal meetings.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Manage time effectively in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Responding to internal queries about event production operations.
- Contribute reasonable and relevant activities leading to the achievement of the department and institution success.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to event management, operations and promotion is preferable.
- Relevant experience in event production and organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Well organized and efficient, with the capacity to work under pressure.
- Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative .
- Strong problem solving, analytical and strategic-thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in English
- Excellent team-work skills.
- Attention to detail is a must