Grants and Compliance Coordinator
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This is key position within the Finance Team of Partners in Health Finance Team. This role will oversee grants reporting, compliance to PIH Liberia internal controls and Grants Procedures. The goal is to enhance the cultural of compliance, ensure efficiency and effectively of our portfolio functions.
the Grants Coordinator will fully support the Grants and Finance Mangers to ensure PIH’s financial and grants management processes and procedures are met by providing accurate and timely support, strengthening efficient and effective coordination of grants financial, procurement and program documents readiness in compliant with donor rules and regulations and PIH’s internal policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grants Management:
- Supports the grants manager to rollout grants launches
- Drafts monthly Budget vrs Actuals Reports for Program Managers.
- Organizes and forward after actions items from BVA reviews.
- Sends After Audit actions to program managers and ensure implementation.
- Will be the principal duty to Grants and Finance Mangers during audits.
- Supports Grants Manager to organize compliance and internal control related trainings.
- Works with functional team to ensure audit recommendations are implemented.
- Organizes and of Project Review Sessions and document lessons learnt.
- Monthly review grants accounting documents for filling.
- Reviews staff and other shared costs allocations to ensure that they agreed with Grant Budgets.
- Shares new project budget lines with Program Manager and ensure budget monitoring.
- Be proactive to ensure grants are closed out and reports submitted to donors and HQ on time.
- Participates in annual budget planning process with the Grants Manager and Finance Director.
- Supports Grants Manager to draft budgets for new proposals.
- Routinely review internal control policies and recommend areas of risks and updates.
- Supervises and mentors Grant Assistants and ensure properly filling of grants documents.
- Sends out grant(s) launch calendar invites to project teams and operational staff within a timely manner
- Ensures timely and accurate filing (soft and hard) copies of all grant(s) related documents from pre-award to post and close-out stages and audit
- Interprets grant/contract rules and regulations to staff to avoid breach of regulations
- Monitors budget lines burnt rate to avoid underspent or overspent
- Initiates monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports accurately
- Coordinates monthly Budgeted vs Actual (BvA) Monitoring meetings with Program/Budget Managers and document action points
- Updates monthly burnt rate tracker and share with Grants Manager and Finance Director
- Sends out ‘monthly, quarterly and annually’ financial and programmatic reports due dates reminder to program managers/directors within “one month” to due date
- In collaboration with the finance manager, performs routine reclass (off/on) and refresh financial reports timely using accounting software (Serenic and PowerBi)
- Coordinates with all departments (Finance, Policy and Partnership, HR, Operations, MEQ, Community Health, Clinical, Global Nursing, ELT, and etc) to enhance activities implementation
- Supports the grants managers doing work plan development
- Ensure the readiness of all financial accountability documents for “AUDIT”.
- Grants Documents Review and Filing:
- In close collaboration with the finance manager, reviews all grants related financial accountability documents for completeness and quality
- In close collaboration with the HR Lead, reviews, collects and files copies of monthly grants allocated staff time-sheet in line with monthly grants allocation percentages (%)
- Shares with cashiers and accountants’ monthly transactions listing for petty cash and account payables (APs) or General Journal (GJ)
- Collects, reviews and file all monthly grants financial accountability documents
- Professionally engages responsible staff to complete or correct any incomplete grants financial related documents for completeness and quality
- In close connection with the Finance Manager, collects and files grants related bank statements and reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Documents and shares with grants manager any compliance gaps identified during documents review
- Prepares grant cover per voucher to ensure quality assurance and file monthly
- Coordination and Supervision:
- Supports the Grants Assistants on how to do accurate grants documents review and filing
- Coordinates review of field grants financial accountability documents with the grants assistants to avoid audit risk or incomplete documentations
- Supports the grants assistants to review activity ‘terms of reference (TOR)’ for cost reasonability, allowability/eligibility and allocability
- Provides coaching and mentoring support to the Grants Assistants on routine basis
- Submits all monthly grants financial reports to the grants and compliance manager for final review and sign off
- Supports the grants manager doing external donor reports (financial, narrative etc).
- Performs other job-related documents not limited to above.
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong presentation skills
- Project Management Experience
- Familiarization with PIH internal policies and controls
- Ability to work in excel and Computerize accounting system.
- Ability to work in teams and under pressure
- Must be a bachelor’s degree holder in accounting/economics or any other discipline from a recognized university with at least 3 years of work experience in similar role or compassionate to learn
- Have prior working knowledge with national/international organization(s) and experienced in finance or any field
Note: females are highly encouraged to apply.