Coordinator, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit
Position Title: Coordinator, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit (PHAU)
Reports to: Communications Lead, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit (PHAU)
Status: Temporary Assignment (ends May 2021)
The Coordinator has a hands-on role in supporting our communications efforts, across platforms, works closely with all members of the Marcomms team and supports directly the work of the PHAU team.
The coordinator will support implementation of the PHAU strategy across media, events, production and delivery of assets, social media support and regular reporting of KPIs to stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for a digitally-focused communications professional with 1-3 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment.
Can hire remote for this position; Boston preferred.
● Assist the Comms Lead in developing and implementing a communications strategy designed to further company objectives
● Works closely with External Relations team and the Comms Lead to respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists and other members of the press
● Plan press conferences and other promotional events to help keep the organization top of mind
● Coordinate volunteers, support staff, vendors and more to support promotional events
● Assist in all aspects related to partners coordination including check-in calls, record and distribute meetings notes, coordinate contract schedules and other duties as needed
● Assists in the creation and delivery of compelling materials to internal and external audiences such as presentations, proposals, and reports
● Assist in approvals and delivery of multimedia assets by creative content team
● Assist in scheduling, editing and monitoring posts using standard social media management tools and best practices
● Assist with community management, social listening and customer service
● Track, compile and deliver regular KPI reporting to key stakeholders, both internal and external
● Work with internal and external partners to ensure that appropriate tracking and metrics are in place and prepare comprehensive wrap-up presentations to deliver results and key learnings
● Bachelor’s degree
● 1-3 years hands-on experience preferred
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
● Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
● Ability to adapt to evolving trends and best practices across communications areas
● Excellent writing and communication skills.
● Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments
● A commitment to social justice
● Knowledge/interest in global health a plus
● Prior knowledge of global health and/or international development issues, a plus.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Kazakhstan, Sierra Leone, and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women's Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.