Copywriter, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit (PHAU)
Position Title: Copywriter, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit (PHAU)
Reports to: Communications Lead, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit (PHAU)
Functionally Reports to: Director of Content
Status: Temporary Assignment (ends May 2021)
The Copy Writer will create written content for use in print and electronic formats. As part of the Marcomms team, the copy writer will participate in editorial planning and edit content from Communications team members and the PHAU team.
Can hire remote for this position; Boston preferred.
Content production (70%)
● Work with PIH staff and particularly under the direction of the PHAU team to identify and develop story ideas and turn them into compelling pieces
● Write interesting and jargon-free articles, profiles, and news stories that inform and engage PHAU constituencies, including partners, specialized audiences, donors, and health care professionals
● Create compelling material for partners including written proposals, reports and presentations
● In conjunction with the Communications team’s production calendars, set, adhere to, and enforce multiple deadlines
● Collaborate with PIH creative content team to schedule and post copy to www.pih.org including multimedia assets
● Support all writing needs for the newly established PHAU E-learning platform
Content editing (30%)
● Gather, edit, and package information from PIH staff into content for our website, social media platforms, and other Communications and Development materials as needed
● Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience as a journalist required; five to seven years preferred.
● Proven ability to write and edit material across multiple platforms.
● Proficiency in French, Spanish, and/or Creole a bonus.
● Experience building strong relationships with sources.
● Experience using social media platforms, particularly Facebook and Twitter.
● Working knowledge of website content management systems.
● Familiarity with Associated Press style.
● Understanding of and ability to clearly communicate topics related to global health and social justice.
● Ability to travel domestically and overseas as needed.
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
● Exemplary communications skills; ability to work effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries.
● A commitment to social justice
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Kazakhstan, Sierra Leone, and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women's Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.