Software Engineer - Android / Kotlin
Since our founding in 2009, we’ve relentlessly worked toward a vision of a future powered by Phunware. We spend our days obsessing over how best to design, build, launch, promote and support branded apps that engage, compel and delight the world’s most discerning audiences. For over a decade, we’ve helped Fortune 5000 businesses throughout the mobile app lifecycle with data-backed decisions at every step.
If you share our passion for innovative mobile app experiences and dream of a world empowered by seamless, one-to-one interactions, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with us today—our Phamily always has room for one more!
Phunware is seeking an Android Software Engineer with experience developing mobile software for the Android platform. The engineer will work on a Crypto Wallet app.
The ideal candidate is proactive, responsive, experienced working as part of a larger development team, very experienced with Android development and has a strong track record of having deployed production code.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop features for an existing blockchain-enabled wallet application for Android
- Implement features according to clear Acceptance Criteria and Tech Notes provided by Software Development Manager
- Resolve bugs according to steps to reproduce provided by QA team
- Work in an organized team-oriented environment with shared responsibilities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years professional Android development experience with Kotlin
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical leadership and guidance skills
- Experience with Maven, Gradle, Android Studio, Git/Github, Confluence, JIRA, and Slack
- Experience working as part of a larger team opening Pull Requests and performing code reviews
- Experience with Agile process
Bonus Points For:
- BlockChain and/or Crypto Wallet development experience
- Experience as team lead for Android projects
- Experience with information retrieval, network programming and/or developing large software systems - specifically web services / endpoints such as REST
- Experience with FCM / push notification implementations
- Experience with agile development processes
- Open source software contributions
- Experience doing Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation
- Track record of success in a start-up or high-growth environment
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Restricted Stock Units.
- Competitive salary.
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k), medical, dental and vision coverage.
Everything You Need to Succeed on Mobile — Transforming Digital Human Experience
Phunware, Inc. (NASDAQ: PHUN), is the pioneer of Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS), an award-winning, fully integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides companies the products, solutions, data and services necessary to engage, manage and monetize their mobile application portfolios and audiences globally at scale. Phunware’s Software Development Kits (SDKs) include location-based services, mobile engagement, content management, messaging, advertising, loyalty (PhunCoin & Phun) and analytics, as well as a mobile application framework of pre-integrated iOS and Android software modules for building in-house or channel-based mobile application and vertical solutions. Phunware helps the world’s most respected brands create category-defining mobile experiences, with more than one billion active devices touching its platform each month.