Semiconductor Manufacturing Operator
Phononic’s unrivaled approach to solid-state cooling is breaking the boundaries of semiconductor innovation to deliver unprecedented performance and sustainability across the globe. From disrupting refrigeration and freezing, to cooling pinhead-sized fiber optics components, Phononic’s technology takes infinite forms to unseat the wasteful and unreliable cooling solutions of the past, which depend on bulky compressors, noisy fans, and noxious gases simply not suited for the modern world. Phononic is transforming the way life-saving drugs and vaccines are protected, data is transmitted and food and beverages are sold, stored and transported. The company has been named to the 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 lists, received the US EPA’s 2017 Emerging Tech Award, R&D 100 Award and more. For more information visit www.phononic.com.
We are currently looking for an Operator to join our team in Durham, NC.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Phononic is seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic semiconductor manufacturing operator. The operator will report into the manufacturing team and perform general manufacturing duties on the production floor such as fabrication, assembly and test operation.
- Perform a variety of functions in the production of semiconductor devices
- Set-up, operate, load, and monitor specialized equipment to ensure quality product is produced
- May be responsible for monitoring equipment operation, maintaining supply levels, inspecting final product, cleaning the work environment, and performing data entry
- Assist in setting up workstations and following written or verbal process specifications in completing all assignments
- Work 12 hour 2nd shift
Must have high school diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years prior manufacturing experience in semiconductor device fabrication, assembly or test.
- Ability to sit or stand for 12 hours at a time with the flexibility to work night shifts
- Basic computer and math skills
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Good communication skills, both written and oral; ability to read and write effectively
- Comfortable working around chemicals
- Ability to multi-task and approach tasks with detail-oriented manner
- May be required to wear a cleanroom smocks and proper safety equipment
- Great work ethic
Phononic is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.