Set-Up Technician- 3rd Shift (M-Fri 11pm-7:30am)- 6 Positions Available
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
- Monitor equipment while running to assure optimal throughput.
- Provide line personnel with guidance on how to operate the equipment.
- Basic knowledge of Packaging equipment to ensure minor troubleshooting and correct issues.
- Inform Master Mechanic, Set-Up Mechanic and Supervisor of potential equipment issues/failures.
- Disassemble/Assemble filling/packaging equipment as necessary.
- Set Lot/Batch numbers and expiration date base on customer order.
- Tool must be organized and clean and free of unnecessary parts.
- Keep and maintain working area clean.
- Perform equipment cleaning by dismantle and assemble equipment according to Equipment cleaning SOP in a specified time of execution. Ex filling equipment, transfer pumps, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional Responsibilities of the Position Include:
- Must be able to work different working schedule as deemed by business necessity.
- Must be able to work extra hours with advance or no advance notification deemed by business needs.
- Must be able to read and write in English and fill out paper work.
- Ensure components have been checked by Supervisor and QA personnel before equipment set up.
- Coordinate routine maintenance and perform minor repairs together with maintenance personnel.
- Support and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Document activities in Area/Equipment Log Book.
- Document major activities in In-process Control Form.
- Notify Supervisor, Master Mechanic, and/or Set-up & Cleaner Coordinator when equipment is ready.
Additional Position Requirements & Knowledge on the following equipment:
Comadis tube fillers
HV/HMM CAM carton machines
Monoblock 1&2 filling lines
Campbell Wrapper machines
Jones boxing equipment
Unit Dose Filling lines
Filz Alls liquid filler equipment
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; bend; push; pull; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift equipment or materials and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.