Associate Scientist / Scientist AR&D
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Provides technical support to assigned projects, using robust scientific methods which comply with standard operating procedures and scientific standards. Works with limited direction. As appropriate, may serve as a project leader to manage analytical support for projects with supervision.
1. With minimal supervision, create and document new product specifications and test methods which are robust and meet regulatory requirements.
2. Perform physical and chemical testing on raw material, in-process, finished product and stability samples. This includes documentation and review.
3. Successfully investigate and resolve moderately-complex analytical problems, project issues and deviations. Accurately maintain all related documentation in compliance with SOPs.
4. Assist in researching, preparing and reviewing technical documents, including but not limited to SOPs, drug master files, technical packages, vendor qualification, raw material and release and stability specifications, stability summaries, test methods, and certificates of analysis which conform to company standards.
5. Develop, validate and transfer non-complex analytical methods.
Bachelors of Science degree; Typically a minimum of 2 years work experience required.
Helpful Experience and Skills
- Hands on experience and troubleshooting skills on chromatographic separation (GC, GC-MS, HPLC, UPLC and LC-MS), particle size distribution (laser diffraction and mechanical sieving), light microscopy, spectrophotometric (FTIR, UV-VIS), dissolution techniques, moisture analysis by Karl Fischer.
- Solid experience on various additional characterization methods such as viscosity/rheology, texture analyzer, thermal analysis (DSC and TGA)
- Knowledge of the United States Pharmacopeia, European Pharmacopeia, applicable FDA Guidance & ICH Guidelines
- Proficiency on method development of assay, impurities, dissolution, water content, and physical characterization methods for different dosage forms
Depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate, the role may be offered at either the Associate Scientist or Scientist levels.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.