Senior Corporate Health & Safety Manager
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Senior Corporate Health & Safety Manager is responsible for the development of strategies, implementation, and continuous improvement of the corporate, global health and safety programs within Perrigo.Working with business leaders with plant management, and site EHS personnel, and utilizing compliance tools and management systems, the successful candidate will oversee proactive health and safety programs that provide for consistency across the company.
- Focus on support of ergonomics, injury prevention, industrial hygiene, occupational health and toxicology strategies to meet EHS requirements to support short and long-term business needs.
- Lead the Occupational Exposure Level (OEL) and Control Banding process for the development of OEL's for active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Provide direction for Perrigo's Occupational Health and Safety programs and the implementation of associated policies and procedures and “best practices” relevant to pharmaceutical operations.
- Maintain and implement industrial hygiene programs. Coordinate and conduct periodic industrial hygiene monitoring of noise, air quality, and other IH stressors as identified.
- Maintain systems and processes to properly classify chemical hazards per the Globally Harmonized Standard (GHS), develop compliant safety data sheets (SDS) for finished products
- Conduct formal and informal EHS compliance audits of operating units, suppliers, 3rd party manufacturers, etc.
- Drives execution of tactical and strategic initiatives to eliminate hazards and reduce or eliminate risks and drive continuous EHS performance improvement
- Advises management on government regulations and Pharmaceutical industry best practices relating to EHS and recommends necessary action to attain compliance and mitigate risk.
- Drive EHS management system to ensure consistency within global operations for the corporate health and safety programs.
- Develop/mentor site EHS leaders to improve technical and leadership skill sets.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of eight (8) years of safety and regulatory compliance experience, preferably in food, drug or cosmetic industry. CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist) and/or CSP (Certified Safety Professional) certificates desired
- Experience with Gensuite or another EMIS system desired
- Pharma background is highly desired
- Ability and willingness to travel globally as needed. 30% travel
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.