Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
To ensure the Quality and Compliance of raw materials, finished products, and stability samples by performing laboratory analytical testing relative to the support of Perrigo operations and manufacturing needs. Responsible for preparing solutions and reagents for testing as required. Uses analytical laboratory equipment such as HPLC, UPLC, GC, UV and IR. Works independently and within team under direction of supervisor to accomplish tasks.
- Perform analytical testing on lab samples including raw material, finished product, process equipment and environmental.
- Test purchased materials and/or Perrigo manufactured products per cGMP requirements and participate in laboratory investigations.
- Intermediate laboratory/computer skills including physical testing, HPLC analysis, Impurity analysis, SAP, Microsoft Office, and Applications for LES, UV-Vis, FTIR, Malvern, and Empower as applicable to the work group assigned.
- Remains informed of regulatory landscape and product portfolio Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Maintain personal laboratory work area and assist with general laboratory cleaning.
- Advanced understanding of laboratory environment including all regulations and requirements. Demonstrates more independence in daily activities including decision making skills and problem solving.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement/projects/committees/Mentor Program to support lab initiatives
- Displays effective communication skills within the work group and seeks to help other analysts based on department needs. Collaborates with management during the investigation process and helps with investigative testing. Mentors lower level analysts. . Confidently and efficiently performs work related tasks.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a scientific discipline (Chemistry or Food Science preferred, Biology) required which includes academic lab experience.
- 1-2 years experience working in a GMP/FDA regulated manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Associates of Science degree in a scientific discipline and relevant training with 5 or more years of experience in a regulated environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibility for the results.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.