2nd Shift Machine Operator (Mon-Thur)
Machine Operators play an integral role in ensuring our machines are running at optimum capacity; Machine Operators assist in observing safe and efficient operations of equipment. This position may take direction from any of the following; Manufacturing Line Leads, Spider, Production Supervisors and Management.
- Accurately completes paperwork according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine, troubleshoot and performs adjustments of equipment as required and adjusts or makes minor repairs such as setting guides or clearing away damaged product containers and reports machine malfunctions to supervisor.
- Maintain a clean work environment to comply with expected standards.
- Inspects the product for quality (labels, weights, visual).
- Ensures that the machine is operating within Perrigo’s quality , safety and productions standards.
- Assists in setting up machine at job change overs and maintains a clean work environment to comply with expected standards.
- Identify and complete regular and preventative maintenance procedures as assigned
- Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Communicates all issues to Manufacturing Line Lead that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause loss to the company or its associates.
- Replenishes packaging supplies such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, or labels.
- Mounts supplies on spindles or places supplies in hopper or other feeding devices.
- Adheres to all health and safety rules, standards and policies, including reporting any incidents to the Supervisor on duty.
- Follows all company safety rules, policies, procedures and GMPs.
- Ensures compliance to all business related policies and procedures.
- Ensure work area is ready for next scheduled shift according to production standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires completion of a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical, Federal Drug Administration (FDA) controlled, other controlled regulatory agencies, or Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) packaging or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Must possess basic math and reading comprehension skills and be able to read, speak and comprehend instructions in English or language of country as applicable including procedure documents, as well as proofread alpha and numeric data.
- Requires ability to follow standard work and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ability to work at each station and maintain pace on the packaging line.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to navigate through computer based training systems and use in the course of daily work may be required.
- Must meet all locally defined training requirements.
- Must be able to communicate effectively as a member of a work team.
- Must be able to stand on concrete floors with fatigue mats for 8 to 12 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds (4 kilograms) or equivalency continuously and up to 50 pounds (22 kilograms) or equivalency frequently.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stepladders.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 400 pounds (181 kilograms) or equivalency utilizing a manual cart.
- Must be able to stoop, squat, and bend. Must be able to frequently reach laterally, and overhead occasionally.
- Must be able to frequently grasp objects. Must possess sufficient visual and audio acuity to work safely and accurately in an industrial environment.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and required overtime through extended shifts and weekends.
- Must be able to comply with locally required worker safety, environmental and health practices.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.