Dryer Assistant Operator + $1000 Sign on Bonus
Perrigo Company plc, a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products®. Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, Perrigo has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network. Perrigo is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs. Perrigo, headquartered in Ireland, sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT is looking to add a Infant Formula Sanitolgist at our Georgia, VT facility. The shift for this position is 6:00pm – 6:15am requiring shift, weekend, and holiday work (when applicable).
The Infant Formula Sanitologist performs the proper sanitizing and cleaning of processing and production equipment to maintain a sanitary work environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for environmental cleaning and sanitation of the process equipment and Manufacturing area on a daily basis.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly cleaning checklists.
- Assists Operators with labor duties related to CIP’s, normal dry cleans, wet washes, assembly/disassembly of equipment, silo switches, start ups & shut downs.
- Accurately and completely processes and handles animal feed and rework while complying with established Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Operate a vacuum sealing machine.
- Prepare and document all cleaning solutions and prep cleaning equipment for use by manually lifting and moving equipment and/or chemicals.
- Verifies the concentrations and effectiveness of sanitation solutions.
- Trained on chemical handling and use.
- Has willingness and ability to be cross-trained on different pieces of machinery in production.
- Operate and navigate computer and various applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend written instructions.
- Must be able to follow detailed written instructions.
- Previous janitorial experience is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, safety awareness, a commitment to quality, problem solving skills, dependability, and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bending, stooping and lifting up to 55 pounds on a regular basis is required.
- Standing and walking for 10+ hours of shift.
- Incumbent will be exposed to noise, extreme warm temperatures, chemicals, and industrial equipment and supplies.
- Candidate must be able to wear all required and necessary safety equipment and garments.
- Work from ladders, scaffolding and staging is required.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
Internal applicants can apply by end of day February 4, 2019 to be considered.
Internal applicants' direct supervisor and senior management will be notified by the talent acquisition team upon candidacy.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.