Financial Reporting Analyst
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is looking to add an Analyst to their Internal Reporting team that is located at the North American Headquarters in Allegan, MI. The Reporting Analyst will perform accounting functions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Professional Standards to ensure that the Company complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements. This includes all activities related to the monthly financial close process, creating and posting journal entries and account reconciliation preparation. In addition, this position will help support the external audit process and be involved in projects on an as needed basis.
- Independently set work plans to meet monthly and quarterly filing requirements
- Conducts monthly financial close processes including account analysis, drafting and posting standard and adjusting journal entries including all appropriate calculations
- Reconciles various general ledger accounts including independently identifying and resolving differences
- Completes monthly “check in” process for all account reconciliations
- Supports the new lease accounting process under ASC842 for the US locations, including the review of new lease agreements, preparation of journal entries and reconciliations
- Assists in monitoring and completing group wide controls
- Assists with the external audit process
- Provides general accounting support and works on miscellaneous projects as needed
- Must possess a working knowledge of corporate accounting with strong technical, analytical, and communication skills
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Must be self-motivated and work independently to meet monthly and quarterly deadlines
- Must have strong computer proficiency with Excel and experience in SAP; experience with Hyperion preferred
- Must have a basic understanding of SOX control requirements
- Must be detailed oriented and complete work with a high level of accuracy
- These skills are typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related discipline - with a minimum of 4 years of professional accounting experience
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.