Manufacturing Associate - 3rd Shift, 2/2/3 Schedule +$1500 Bonus
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Associate who will work 3rd shift on a rotating 2/2/3 schedule.
This position starts up to $20.00/hour depending upon experience plus a 10% shift premium. New employees receive an increase every 6 months in the first 18 months of employment as well as an excellent benefits package.
- Operates and ensures proper operation of manufacturing equipment.
- Conducts regular in-process checks of quality attributes of materials and products and to ensure the equipment is operating correctly.
- Assists in recording accurate production and inspection data and is responsible for completing manufacturing paperwork in compliance with required SOPs and cGMPs.
- Performs set ups, changeovers and cleans the work area throughout the shift to ensure proper clearance of materials.
- Continuously looks for and helps to implement improvements to the process, productivity, quality and reduce costs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required.
- Must possess basic math and reading comprehension skills and be able to read, speak and comprehend instructions in English, including procedure documents, as well as proofread alpha and numeric data.
- Requires ability to follow standard work and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Basic computer skills and the ability to navigate through computer based training systems and use in the course of daily work may be required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively as a member of a work team.
- Must meet all locally defined training requirements.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical, Federal Drug Administration (FDA) controlled, other controlled regulatory agencies, or Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) packaging or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Required to operate and handle material handling equipment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Essential Functions of the Job
Consistently/Frequently – Sit, walk, lift 50 lbs., pulling and pushing, grasp, move items, feel with hand/fingers
Occasionally – Stand, climb stairs/ladders, stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, reach, reach above shoulders and head
Rarely – Lift above shoulders and head 25 lbs.
Consistently/Frequently - exposure to loud noises/machinery and exposure to chemicals
Occasionally - exposure to hot conditions including room temperatures of 90+ degrees Fahrenheit.
Consistently/Frequently - see (vision), ability to see colors, hear, ability to read and write, ability to interpret information, basic math, reading and writing in English. Simple problem solving may be required to adjust process parameters based on data readouts and machine feedback and document corrections to batch records and other controlled documents using cGMP-compliant practices. Simple decision-making skills are expected to read and interpret work instructions and SOPs and then decide on appropriate courses of action based on the guidance provided.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.