Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is currently looking to add a Consolidation Manager to the Financial Reporting team that is located in Allegan, Michigan. The Consolidation Manager will oversee the global financial consolidation process and perform accounting functions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Professional Standards to ensure that Perrigo complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements. The duties in this position include, but are not limited to, work performed and oversight in the following finance functions: global financial consolidation, monthly and quarterly internal financial statement preparation, corporate consolidation journal entries and account reconciliations, SOX controls, regularly scheduled and ad hoc analysis, and special projects. This position will interact regularly with other internal departments (Financial Planning and Analysis, Business Units, Tax and Internal Audit), global subsidiaries, coordinate with external auditors, and have high visibility and exposure to senior management.
- Manage Perrigo’s monthly global consolidation process and policies, including review and analysis of monthly financial statements
- Manage the month-end close schedule and task list
- Review consolidation system changes, including new account, cost center or entity creation to ensure appropriate balance sheet, income statement, and segment presentation
- Review internal financial statement reporting package updates
- Review and ensure compliance with all consolidation and intercompany SOX controls
- Oversee the global intercompany reconciliation process and intercompany analyst
- Manage a project to streamline intercompany accounting and work with IT on related system changes
- Support external audit process and related questions and requests
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles, consolidation accounting and have experience working with international and domestic subsidiaries, including intercompany and foreign currency transactions.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with thorough knowledge of financial planning and analysis concepts.
- Requires strong computer skills with familiarity with SAP, Excel, Analysis for Office, and consolidation tools.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary, with the ability to explain complex accounting and consolidation concepts.
- These skills are acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred, combined with a minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional accounting experience.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.