Director, Research and Development, Nutrition
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Director of R&D Nutrition maintains and advances the nutrition product innovation pipeline, including infant formula, nutritional drinks, oral electrolyte solutions and novel products, consistent with the vision of The Perrigo Company, for US and Global Markets.
- He or she manages a diverse and talented staff of food technologists, product developers food chemists and analytical chemists to advance products from conception to first industrial trial.
- The Director of R&D routinely interacts with the leadership of Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Regulatory and Marketing to set the strategic business plans and assures alignment in the allocation of resources and timely project execution.
- The Director plays a critical role to enable and support our business transformation. He or she will be responsible for assuring there is a robust innovation pipeline aligned with business partners and a high-performance staff to generate the technologies or product innovations that are novel and disruptive to Perrigo's Nutrition categories.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to drive and deliver disruptive and innovative product solutions within the R&D organization, to support the growth of the Perrigo Company for Consumer Self Care Americas (CSCA) Nutrition.
- Work closely with cross-functional corporate peers to support and drive business transformation.
- Has P&L responsibility and will develop and manage the R&D budgets to assure the timely completion of projects within budgetary allocation or advocate for the resources to complete strategic projects.
- Develop and manage a high-performance team of 15 to 20 scientists and technologists including several with advanced degrees.
- Evaluate members of the team and advocate for compensation incentives according to their performance.
- Aligns projects and their outcomes with Regulatory and QA for a successful introduction of products into the marketplace.
- Drives innovation across not just product solutions but also processes, tools and policies.
- Drive and deliver process solutions aligned with Perrigo standards while products from trials comply with QA policies, regulations and safety procedures specially if they are used for human consumption as commercial or consumer testing samples.
- Act as an example of the highest ethical standards expected by officers of a division of Perrigo that commercializes broad range of nutrition products, including infant formula, medical foods and supplements.
- Assures that Perrigo’s Legal Counsel is informed when intellectual property is generated and when disclosures of information, publications, or findings, are planned to prevent divulgation of potential IP or trade secrets.
- Identify or develop analytical methods to support QA functions or research and development programs, understanding that several of these methods will protect the consumers from contamination or defective products or raw materials by preventing the access of such products to the marketplace, consumers or anybody who gets in contact with them.
- Will represent the company in product launches nationally and internationally and coordinate the introduction of relevant products in the US, Americas and other international markets with the Consumer Self Care International Business Unit.
- PhD in Food Science, Food Technology, Nutrition, or Biochemistry. Knowledge of Human Nutrition is indispensable.
- Experience in an industrial setting of a minimum of 7 years or more than 10 years in academic research centers concerned with pediatric nutrition.
- Experience managing budgets to support research activities.
- Excellent communication skills as demonstrated by publications or participation in conferences as a speaker or moderator.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have launched products with unique innovations and who speak an additional language(s)
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.