2nd Shift Set-Up Tech - Manufacturing
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Set-up Technicians are responsible for daily production line set-up, start-up, troubleshooting, changeovers and support basic PM’s task for packaging and/or manufacturing lines and equipment. Provides support to the frontline Line Leads for the Manufacturing and/or Packaging Specialists.
- Provides support to Line Leads and performs equipment set-ups, changeovers, start-up and basic PM procedures for packaging and/or manufacturing lines and equipment.
- Makes machine adjustments as necessary to ensure optimum line up time and ensure efficiency of equipment.
- Conducts product and size changes, changes tooling to accommodate components for each product run.
- Troubleshoots and performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs to equipment and maintains records of maintenance and repair.
- Perform all functions of packaging and/or manufacturing operator when line is in operation.
- Continuously looks for and helps to implement improvements to the process, productivity, quality and reduce costs. Performs other related duties specific to the department as assigned.
*The duties, responsibilities and time allocation may vary by location and/or as assigned
Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Requires completion of a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency.
- Two or more years experience in packaging or manufacturing environment.
- Must possess basic mechanical trouble shooting and problem skill set.
- Must possess basic math and reading comprehension skills and be able to read, speak and comprehend instructions in English or language of country as applicable, including procedure documents, as well as proofread alpha and numeric data.
- The ability to follow standard work and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is required.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to navigate through computer based training systems and use in the course of daily work may be required.
- Requires good communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, fosters teamwork and promotes a positive work environment.
- Must meet all locally defined training requirements.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.