Maintenance Spare/Change Parts Specialist
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
- Perform regular cycle count inventory to ensure accurate inventory accounting using SAP
- Work with the purchasing coordinator to place all part purchases directly to vendors
- Receive and stock daily orders to ensure proper inventory levels at the satellite area upon arrival
- Update and maintain accurate bin location by part number to ensure 5S top-notch parts organization
- Manage inventory and returns of unneeded parts within the manufacturers' guidelines
- Assist mechanics and setup technicians in the selection of parts as necessary
- Daily communication with the maintenance group on parts received and/or problems with parts
- Enter parts received in the system as required
- Create and update parts inventory transfers as requested
- Pick-up and deliver parts as required
- Maintain & dispense tooling for assigned area, issue parts/complete paperwork, computer entry of stock transactions, maintain and issue tools ensuring proper documentation
- Maintain & dispense lubricants used while ensuring proper documentation
- Assist mechanics in necessary activities regarding work orders
- Read parts list and build parts kits for major projects / PMs
- Identify frequency and eliminate slowdown of non-moving inventory and review safety stock levels of all items to reduce inventory carrying costs
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience / Education: High School diploma required; Associates Degree preferred. Experience and knowledge of manufacturing/ production areas and proven leadership skills required. Knowledge in SAP and Microsoft Office applications. Ability to work a flexible schedule (i.e. OT, off-shift hours, holidays) as necessary.
Physical Requirements of Work: Required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (22 kilograms).
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.