Maintenance Mechanic (Days & Nights) +$5,000 BONUS
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT is looking to add a Maintenance Mechanic to their team. We currently have both a day and night shift position available. This position offers a $5,000 sign on bonus.
- Responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting the mechanical aspects of packaging and manufacturing process equipment and piping systems in compliance with standard operating procedures and ensuring such machinery operates in a clean organized environment.
- Performs machine rebuilding, repair and troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and moving equipment. Including, but not limited to: packaging equipment, sanitary valves and their actuators, sanitary pumps, gear and belt driven assemblies and conveyors, including belt and chain tension and alignment.
- Performs general building maintenance for the facility grounds, HVAC, plumbing systems.
- Creates and completes general work orders, documenting legibly, clearly, and concisely. Interfaces and communicates with other mechanics and technicians across all shifts in a team environment.
- Continuously looks for and helps to implement improvements to the process, relative to safety, quality and productivity. Performs special projects and other related duties specific to the department as assigned.
- Must work in a clean and organized manner and is responsible for maintaining order (5S) in their workspace as well as in the Maintenance Shop.
- Participate in training/career development activities as assigned. Other duties throughout the plant, as assigned.
- Requires completion of a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency.
- Two plus years solid work experience in a variety of maintenance skills in an industrial maintenance setting or comparable environment.
- Ability to properly utilize hand and power tools to perform general maintenance activities.
- Demonstrated cooperative work conduct and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision following oral and written directions.
- Ability to read and utilize equipment repair/rebuild manuals and drawings.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Suite and experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as SAP with the ability to navigate through computer-based training systems and use them as part of daily work.
- General knowledge of Utility Systems (Steam, Water, Gas) and how they support an Industrial Manufacturing plant operation.
- Must possess good math and reading comprehension skills and be able to read, speak and comprehend instructions in English or language of country as applicable, including procedure documents.
- Must meet all locally defined training requirements.
- Mechanic certification in complex industrial or automotive repair/rebuild procedures.
- Welding and/or machinist certification(s)
- Experience operating a lathe, mill and other fabrication equipment.
- Works from ladders, man lifts, and requires ability to continuously lift 20 pounds (9 kilograms) or equivalency and up to 50 pounds (22 kilograms) or equivalency frequently.
- Must be able to stand on concrete floors for up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to stoop, squat, and bend.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in high areas using proper procedures with ability to have sustained reach laterally and above shoulder height.
- Must be able to frequently grasp objects, small hand tools, calipers, etc. Must possess sufficient visual and audio acuity to work safely and accurately in an industrial environment.
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment to comply with hazardous procedures.
**Protective Equipment Requirement**
May be required to wear negative and/or positive pressure respirators daily for long periods of time. Must be medically cleared to wear respirators without restrictions. Must be clean shaven to seal area of the tight fitting respirator.
Must be able to comply with locally required worker safety, environmental and health practices.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
Perrigo’s #1 priority is, and will continue to be, our peoples’ safety and well-being. Please visit this link https://www.perrigo.com/message-perrigo-ceo-and-president-covid-19 to learn about our commitment to protecting our employees during the Covid19 pandemic.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.