Instrument Technician for Process Automation +$5000 BONUS
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, in Georgia, VT is looking to add Instrument Technician to the Process Automation Controls Group. The shift for this position is 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM, requiring shift, weekend, and holiday work (when applicable). This position currently offers a $5,000 bonus.
Perrigo Nutritionals is the largest supplier of store-brand infant formula in the world with distribution to leading retailers. The Vermont facility is the only ISO 9001 certified infant formula manufacturing facility in the United States. Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT is looking for an Instrument Technician to join their team.
An Instrument Technician is able to diagnose and troubleshoot all plant control and automation systems along with advanced troubleshooting of mechanical systems, packaging equipment and instrumentation devices is necessary while minimizing downtown during plant operation. Position will occasionally design and supervise new control installations. Responsibilities include the use of test equipment to perform routine plant calibrations. Meticulous record keeping is essential. The technician will require a very diversified skills set. Ability to follow written and oral instructions, properly complete documentation of the following for example: work instructions (SOP’s), line changeover sheets, critical control point sheets, and equipment logbooks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Calibrate electronic, pneumatic and mechanical instrumentation and maintain instrument and electrical systems components; maintain all calibration documentation.
- Install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot plant control systems and equipment.
- Defines instrumentation requirements and troubleshoots power and control systems.
- Review system drawings, P&ID’s, and equipment manuals.
- Operate interface devices for programmable controllers and computers for purposes of program changes and troubleshooting.
- Write and debug PLC programs preferred.
- Interface with vendors when necessary.
- Assist in training of others.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of work as directed by standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or an equivalent combination of training and work experience. Proficiency at SLC/PLC programming and hardware architecture along with an understanding of manufacturing plant processes will be necessary to perform the routine troubleshooting and design tasks of this job.
Proficient in the calibration and maintenance of electronic/pneumatic instrumentation, controls and PLC systems.
Three years’ experience as an electronics technician, calibrating, troubleshooting electronic/pneumatic instrumentation and controls and PLC control systems is preferred.
The ability to maintain meticulous calibration records that are accurate and legible; the ability to interpret and initiate drawings, sketches and logic diagrams.
Position Physical Requirements
Ability to walk, bend, stoop, and lift up to 55 lbs. is required. Required to use hands and fingers to handle; feel or operate objects.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
Internal applicants please apply by 4/5.
Perrigo’s #1 priority is, and will continue to be, our peoples’ safety and well-being. Please visit this link https://www.perrigo.com/message-perrigo-ceo-and-president-covid-19 to learn about our commitment to protecting our employees during the Covid19 pandemic.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.