Production Engineer - New York
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
As a Production Engineer at Perrigo, you will provide production engineering support for day-to-day operations of a lean six sigma pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. Initiate and drive continuous improvement efforts in assigned process area.
1. Works on plant floor with the Specialists, Plant Manager, Supervisors, Engineering and other staff to troubleshoot technical problems with manufacturing or packaging equipment or process problems in production areas.
2. Coordinates and leads continuous improvement projects aimed at waste reduction and efficiency improvements by streamlining processes and improve capability.
3. Work with new product development efforts to identify most appropriate manufacturing processes in conjunction with R & D staff.
4. Implement equipment and process changes that improve quality and safety.
5. Monitors projects through the control phase and report results to management.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline required: consideration may be given to those who have a Bachelors of Science and hold 6+ years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and previous exposure to pharmaceutical manufacturing highly preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills, sound decision making skills, and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and computer literacy.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Lean Sigma principles highly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong listening skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply written procedures and standards governing manufacturing processes.
The successful candidate must be physically able to climb stairs, use hands to manipulate basic hand tools/hand held equipment, and operate a motor vehicle to access various plant locations.
Must be able to wear negative and/or positive pressure respirators daily for long periods of time, be medically cleared to wear respirators without restrictions, and be clean shaven to seal area of the tight fitting respirator.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.