Strategic Business Unit HR Leader
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is seeking a dynamic Human Resources professional for a Strategic Business Unit HR Leader position based in Grand Rapids, MI. Join a team of highly engaged professionals who are dedicated to the Perrigo Mission: To make lives better by bringing Quality, Affordable Self-Care Products™ that consumers trust everywhere they are sold.
As the HRBP lead for the Over-the-Counter (OTC) Business Unit (BU), you will work as a partner with the BU leadership to ensure that the right skills and programs are in place to allow the business to succeed. This role will serve as a key member of the OTC leadership team to drive Founder’s Mentality. At the same time, you will drive the execution of Perrigo’s HR strategies, policies, practices, and procedures to facilitate the attraction, development, and retention of an engaged and effective workforce.
You will work in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, such as Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, R&D, etc. to develop a KPI framework that supports continuous improvement of associate engagement strategies and drive return on investment.
In This Position, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Provide HR leadership for the OTC Business Unit in all HR functional areas, programs and practices, executing talent management, staffing, on-boarding, succession planning, employee relations, performance management, organization effectiveness, compensation administration, learning and development, and HR policies.
- Partner with the organization to enhance business results by enabling a positive culture and an increased level of employee engagement.
- Influence change and innovation to advance the business. Work closely with business unit leadership to deliver solutions that meet business needs and drive and change initiatives to improve performance.
- Lead business unit talent management initiatives including employee assessment, development, organization effectiveness, and succession planning.
- Execute processes related to the company’s performance management program.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on full cycle recruiting initiatives including sourcing and recruiting top candidates, and exceptional on-boarding while continually assessing processes and tools to improve recruitment processes. Monitor recruiting effectiveness related to cost, timeliness, quality and retention for the BU.
- Manage employee engagement efforts through analysis of employee surveys, engagement gaps, and strategy development and deployment.
- Partner with BU leaders to identify organizational development and learning needs and identify development needs and resources.
- Measure and drive improvement of key HR metrics/scorecard.
- Be an active member of the Global Human Resources team and CSCA HR Leadership team.
- Ensure efforts are synchronized with corporate HR initiatives.
- Ensure adherence with all federal, state, and local regulations.
To be Successful in this position, you will need:
- Deep expertise in strategic manufacturing and distribution human resource strategies
- Strong understanding of the P&L and other levers that drive organizational growth and profitability
- Experience designing workforce planning, staffing and labor cost optimization
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of strategic HR approaches in manufacturing and distribution settings to drive headcount planning, operational excellence and cost optimization
- Seven to ten years related human resources experience with a minimum of three to five years in HR management leading HR professionals; manufacturing experience preferred.
- PHR/SPHR Certification preferred.
- Must be able to travel 5-10% of the time
This role is a great fit for you if you demonstrate these:
Powerful Communicator/Master of Priorities & Motivation/Customer-Centric Mindset
- You live Founders Mentality including an owners mindset, frontline/customer obsession, and insurgency/bias for action
- You have an exceptional ability to influence and advance HR strategies.
- You partner with the Business Unit leadership team and Consumer Self-Care America HR leadership for the benefit of the business.
- Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent, and you are able to professionally represent HR policies to a broad audience.
- Strategic thinking is a strength, allowing you to plan and execute significant initiatives successfully.
- You have innate curiosity and a drive for continuous improvement to bring out the best business results possible.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are part of what you bring to the role.
- Exceptional time management and follow-up skills are a core part your repertoire.
- You have demonstrated excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills at every level.
- You are flexible and adaptive to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence without direct authority.
- Your ability to handle sensitive, confidential information, objectivity, and consistency in administration of practices is unquestioned.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.