Line Operator- 3rd Shift (M-Fri 11pm-7:30am) 6 Positions Available
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
- Check schedule for assigned shop orders. Visually check equipment for cleanliness and complete all cleaning forms.
- Check pallet I.D and sign the Inventory Control logbook for receipt of pallets and instruct Inventory Control where to place each pallet coming to the line.
- Fill out and update the dry-erase board with current information from shop orders. Notify Supervisor to verify components.
- Check components against Packaging Card. Determine if all components have been checked by area supervisor and Q.A.
- Check components to determine if they are set-up for FIFO and stage components on the line.
- Request line supplies (paper towels, gloves, sleeves, pens, etc.) from line personnel.
- Check with mechanic if equipment is set-up.
- Loads tubes onto magazine of filling machine. Loads boxes into magazine on boxer. (If boxer is alongside of filler and can reach.)
- Check lot number and expiration date on components against the packaging card order. Checks weight of tubes.
- Notifies Q.A for line release. Documents activity in Area/Equipment log book.
- Document all entry on In-process Control Forms.
- Keeps lines /equipment clean of any spills. Removes PM stickers and breaks up empty tube/box corrugations.
- Protect and secure documents, inserts, labels etc. in appropriate cages during breaks.
- Maintain area clean of soiled paper towels, leaflets and folding boxes (etc.) on the floor.
- Request supply replenishment from inventory control department and obtains approval from Q.A prior to usage.
- Count and record units produced including damages and destroys during a PM/lot number run.
- Documents when drums are used and emptied onto the IPC (2) Form.
- Observe counting of all tube and other component damages and record on IPC (2) form.
- Observe counting of partial case components and completes Inventory Reconciliation form as destroyed or returns.
- Destroys components properly into garbage bins or waste drums. Completes IPC forms.
- Notifies supervisor when orders/jobs are completed and/or when there are any problems with the line.
- Check that equipment, work area or line is clear from previous components.
Additional Position Requirements: High School diploma or GED. Experience in packaging, warehousing, factory is preferred. Fluency in speaking, reading and writing English is a must.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, push, pull, lift, reach, use hands, fingers and arms to handle or feel objects, operate tools and controls. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment is an indoor manufacturing and packaging facility. Characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.