Business Development Licensing Manager Europe
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are excited to be recruiting a Business Development Licensing Manager reporting directly to our VP of Business Development & Strategy. This role can be based at our London, Belgian, Paris or Rotterdam office.
Perrigo is a leading provider of over-the-counter health and wellness solutions that enhance individual well-being by empowering consumers to proactively prevent or treat conditions that can be self-managed.
Our Consumer Self-Care International (CSCI) segment develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes well-known European self-care brands in the natural health and vitamins, cough, cold and allergy, smoking cessation, personal care and derma-therapeutics and lifestyle categories.Job Purpose
- Initiate, prepare and execute in- and out-licensing projects for the consumer selfcare portfolio within Perrigo's International Branded Consumer Business.
- Identify opportunities for strengthening and growing our product portfolio;preparing and structuring licensing opportunities and deals from a strong international network of pharma/OTC licensing contacts; independently driving negotiation of new contracts; managing of existing licensing deals.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Market and portfolio analysis: Identify trends and opportunities for strengthening and growing our product portfolio. Review portfolio for core categories/brands together with innovation and marketing colleagues and identify gaps and opportunities to complement and grow.
- Deal scouting: Generate leads and identify potential sources/products/brands/development projects to in-license. Leverage existing network and scout for new, additional leads.
- Constantly build relevant network to consumer health players, licensors, development
- Deal preparation: Analyze and structure licensing deals. Work closely with legal, innovation and marketing colleagues, as well as other relevant functions, to secure a successful licensing deal
- Deal execution: Prepare and drive the negotiation and execution of licensing deals.
- Partnership and contract management: Analysis of existing contracts and driving renegotiation/optimization.
- University degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g., biology, medicine, pharmacology) or closely allied field, combined with several years of relevant job experience
- Three+ years of experience in a (In-/Out)-Licensing/BD&L role in the pharmaceutical/OTC/Consumer Health industry
- Good working knowledge of IP, regulatory and product development field in Consumer Health/OTC pharma
- Existing network to relevant licensing/BD&L contacts in European Consumer Health/OTC
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.