Maintenance Planner (1st Shift)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better! Help us do it.
This position will be responsible for working closely with the Safety, Quality, Maintenance and Production teams in the day-to-day administration for planning and scheduling continuous improvement processes to support maintenance capabilities within the plant.Description:
- Schedule and plan upcoming maintenance activities, including the staging of parts and special tools required for the completion of maintenance jobs on the schedule.
- Coordinate the work order process, help resolve work order issues, and work with vendors to schedule and complete work orders.
- Create, modify, deactivate, and consolidate Preventative Maintenance Plans in SAP.
- Strong engagement with operations, warehouse and additional personnel to ensure work orders are well documented and understood for maintenance to resolve root cause.
- Work with Engineering and Operations to support stocking of spare parts on new equipment and getting PM’s set up as necessary.
- Assist with creation, review and updating of equipment BOMs and assembling for new equipment where needed.
- Research, evaluate, identify and order parts required for equipment working with mechanical and engineering as needed to minimize downtime and reduce costs.
- Provide reports related to maintenance when required to support audits and investigations.
- Provide information regarding machinery Run/Down time data, cost of ownership, etc.
- Lead initiatives to improve maintenance practices, reduce equipment failures, and optimize PM scheduling.
- Provide direction and training to technicians and others in the plant as needed on maintenance activities and planning.
- Lead efforts on special projects to facilitate continuous improvement in the maintenance department.
- Provide Maintenance Technician support as needed.
- Provide backup support for invoicing and goods receipts support when required.
- Provide backup administrative support to maintenance, maintenance shop and other areas as needed, including preparation of correspondence and presentations; respond to and route inquires received via telephone, email, mail, and other as appropriate.
- Journeyman status preferred.
- Demonstrated cooperative work conduct and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in SAP PM/MM modules and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints and good math skills required.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting schedules and deadlines through good attendance and willingness to work overtime, including weekends when needed, are also necessary.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.