Senior Director, Direct Procurement
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Senior Director, Direct Procurement is responsible for direction and oversight of Perrigo’s Global Direct purchasing function, including raw materials, packaging, and finished goods categories. This position will provide strategic implementation and direction to all Global Direct Procurement functions. This position will lead development and implementation of the global procurement strategy necessary to ensure a continuous supply of quality, cost-effective materials. This position will be responsible for the creation and implementation of key direct procurement policies and metrics on ethics, quality, delivery and cost.
- Manage purchasing activities for all direct supplies and services globally with overall responsibility for developing strategic purchasing direction and initiatives. Develop and manage direct procurement metrics.
- Oversee and direct the management of vendor relationships, contract activities, vendor qualifications, and selection to ensure Perrigo receives maximum value in price, quality, and reliability.
- Develop strategic vision for direct procurement. Manage procurement process to effectively coordinate with all relevant departments and management teams to provide effective procurement support. Ensure compliance with corporate purchasing policies, procedures, and spending guidelines. Drive standardization of processes and procedures.
- Manage and supportcorporate oversight for purchases across multiple expense categories and create a strategic vision for the company, driving purchasing synergies to achieve cost savings across categories.
- Meet Corporate Inventory, SSSO, Budget, Cost Savings, and PPV goals
- Ensure alignment of departmental activities with organizational goals. Focus on staff development, career counseling, and performance reviews to ensure that the team receives up-to-date industry awareness and knowledge.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 10 years experience in a sourcing/procurement environment
- Senior level direct procurement experience preferred
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement principles and best practices
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities
- Ability to influence senior management both internally and externally
- Experience negotiating commercial terms and service agreements
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise good business judgment
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.