Infant Formula Packager + $500 SIGN ON BONUS
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, in Georgia, VT is looking to add Infant Formula Packager to their Manufacturing team. The shift for this position is 6:00 pm–6:12 am requiring shift, weekend, and holiday work (when applicable).
Exhibits the ability to control and monitor all positions within the Packaging Department, including Quality Assurance (QA), role with competence. Maintains necessary documentation for each position assigned. Performs required quality checks in accordance with current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Work Instructions. In addition, the Infant Formula Packager must secure a walk-behind forklift license. Must maintain ability to perform all positions within the Packaging Department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Machine/Manufacturing Operation: Efficiently operates within established parameters all automated equipment within the department. Informs Packaging Supervisor of unusual situations but resolves minor problems without supervision. Consistently follows Good Manufacturing Practices while maintaining an efficient, clean, and neat work area. Identifies and recommends improvements to the process. Must be able to troubleshoot daily issues with equipment.
- Quality Checks: Performs necessary quality checks in accordance with current, applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Documentation: Provides accurate and timely documentation of the manufacturing packaging process in accordance with current, applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Transport System cleaning: Performs Transport System cleaning in accordance with current, applicable Standard Operating and Work Instructions.
- General Housekeeping: Performs daily sanitation in manufacturing department without direct supervision. Maintains work area in accordance with GMP requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- The ability to learn and write legibly.
- The ability to read, understand, and follow Work Instructions, Standard Operating Procedures, and training aids.
- Exhibits the ability to control and monitor all positions within the Packaging Department with competence.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, and lift up to 55 lbs. is required.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs as well as work at elevated heights and various climates (both hot and cold).
- Stand for approximately 90% of a 12 hour shift.
- Incumbent will be exposed to noise and hot and cold temperatures.
- Willing and able to wear appropriate safety equipment to perform specific job duties per zoning requirements.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
Internal applicants can apply by end of day November 16, 2018 to be considered.
Internal applicants' direct supervisor and senior management will be notified by the talent acquisition team upon candidacy.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.