Corporate Social Responsibility Program Manager
As the Corporate Social Responsibility Program Manager, you’ll be responsible for formation and execution on strategies that are foundational to Perrigo’s social and environmental objectives. You’ll manage and analyze data, develop recommendations, and report on this information internally and externally to customers or indices such as the CDP. Additionally, you will conduct research, brainstorm ideas, develop policies, create project plans, write reports, and build relationships cross-functionally and internationally, while implementing and coordinating a wide range initiatives that support the company’s CSR goals.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are critical, with ability to communicate to all levels of an organization, including executives.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively across functions, with suppliers, with large customers and across different cultures.
- Must be able to effectively influence without authority.
- Must be strong in data management and analysis, with the ability to organize, compile, interpret and communicate complex data effectively.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and be adaptable to work under ambiguity.
- Must be passionate and self-motivated on CSR topics, yet with appropriate business acumen to execute appropriately.
- Project management experienced is required.
- Minimum six (6) years relevant work experience leading social and environmental initiatives in Environmental, Marketing, Compliance, Supply Chain or related business function required.
- Experience with social auditing standards, such as Sedex and BSCI encouraged.
- Experience with CSR reporting standards and indices such as GRI and CDP are strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
Environmental Stewardship and KPI Program Mgt – Oversee the strategic and daily activities that drive environmental responsibility within Perrigo and support corporate CSR goals. This includes, but not limited to timely gathering and reporting of energy, water and waste data from global Perrigo sites, as well as benchmarking, best practice sharing, and collaborating with Procurement, Operations, Sales, Investor Relations, Environmental Health and Safety and other cross functional teams.
Understand, research, and report as needed to the needs of external stakeholders, such as the CDP, Walmart’s Sustainability index, Project Gigaton, and customer surveys. Provide quality assurance over data and information being shared. Identify, manage and/or support projects as appropriate to go beyond compliance to improve Perrigo’s environmental footprint and make progress towards corporate goals.
Engage site leadership on status and opportunities through regular communications of metrics, goals and best practices. Establish and work through a strong network of cross functional contacts and champions to meet corporate CSR goals.
Supply Chain Sustainability and Social Compliance - Work with customers, suppliers, procurement, HR, sales and other departments as appropriate to implement and manage social, ethical or environmental activities in the supply chain. Including, but not limited to engaging on their responsible sourcing programs, working with procurement and suppliers to effectively audit and maintain social/ethical performance.
Lead or support sustainable supply chain activities such as Certified Sustainable Palm Oil, Conflict Minerals, etc.
Manage and/or support special projects and initiatives related to one or more of the CSR focus areas including, recycle labeling on products, wood fiber certifications, marketing opportunities, outreach events, and other sustainability initiatives.
Work closely with Marketing, Sales, HR, EHS, and other departments to develop policies and procedures, both globally and locally.
Employee Engagement – Work with leadership throughout Perrigo to advance a culture of good corporate citizenship by promoting or communicating CSR initiatives, including the writing and publishing of internal articles via intranet site and coordinating events including Earth Day, Compliance Week, volunteer events, and engaging and responding timely to employee questions and ideas.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.