Assistant Category/Marketing Manager
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Category/Marketing Manager with CPG experience to join our Perrigo Marketing Team in Allegan, MI.
This position will be responsible for tactical execution of key marketing strategies to improve category margin and grow market share, among the base business product portfolio, with guidance from the Category Marketing Manager. Additionally, support Marketing strategy development and execution by providing intelligence on new product trends, changes across national branded products and competitor products.
Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Must possess basic knowledge of Product/Category Marketing (preferred experience in product-oriented CPG Industries).
- Able to demonstrate leadership qualities and strong written and verbal communication skills. Self-starter is a requirement. Requires self-motivation, marketing creativity, detail orientation, commitment to deadlines, and ability to work successfully in a team environment. Strong analytical skills to pull and sort data, mine for key insights and formulate actionable recommendations rooted in the data.
- A Bachelor degree in marketing, business or related field is required, with a Master in Business Administration preferred, combined with 1-2 plus years of related business experience, preferably in Category Management or Marketing Management.
- Experience dealing with retail customers and vendors is desirable.
- Minimal travel required.
- Build detailed product overviews to be used as a platform to develop overall strategies for base business growth, supporting the Category Marketing Manager with the overall strategy and executing on key tactical objectives.
- Analyze BIC retailers by category/segment, share best practices with the Category Marketing Manager and assist in developing execution tactics for sales.
- Manage product intelligence, including National Brand retail positioning, pricing, product claims, promotions and proposes product and portfolio changes to the Category Marketing Manager.
- Maintain master product lists and related details for all assigned categories and product lines.
- Analyze syndicated data to generate actionable insights to drive customer behavior, understand growth drivers of category, and identify white space opportunities for store brand.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.