Sr SAP Developer
You will be accountable for designing, developing, testing, and implementing SAP-based applications written primarily in ABAP. You will providing day-to-day applications support of SAP and other integrated systems, including quick and efficient problem analyses and resolution.
Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Excellent knowledge of SAP applications support, new project development, and ABAP coding techniques
- Ability to work directly with the SAP Basis user community to gather requirements, and apply strong analysis and design skills to build system specifications
- Very strong analytical, problem-solving, technical writing, and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work closely with IT&S leadership and business project team members in a validated environment
- Advanced knowledge of testing requirements and practices, and ability to prepare and maintain proper documentation to satisfy all corporate guidelines, and Perrigo and cGMP standards
- Expert command of the data dictionary is required
- These skills are normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related field, combined with 8+ years’ experience in ABAP coding on release 4.6C and above, and coding skills for the following techniques: Dialogs, WebDynpro, batch (BDC), forms (SAPscripts, SmartForms, Adobe Forms), objects, badi’s, and function modules
- Experience with SAP Portal, Workflow, BW, and PI is preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of ITIL v3, certification is preferred
- Desire to continue learning and develop new skills is a must to allow the business to leverage new technologies and functionality
- Develop, test, implement, and maintain custom programs in SAP to support Perrigo’s information technology needs while meeting Perrigo’s coding standards.
- Independently create or maintain technical requirements documents to meet Perrigo and cGMP standards to validation, as well as creating functional verification tests for new/changes requirements.
- Gather requirements to ensure the accuracy and utility of program functionality by collaborating with users and other IT staff.
- Provide guidance and act as a technical resource for other development team members, the business, and other teams within IT&S. Oversee external contractors on projects to ensure their work meets Perrigo’s standards.
- Ensure compliance by keeping up-to-date on assigned Learning Management assignments and maintaining accurate timesheets regularly. Participate in scheduled team and department meetings.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.