The Facilities Supervisor will provide leadership and direction to the Facilities Department to support the day-to-day activities, manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies.
- Develop/implement preventive maintenance program in conjunction with operations, and quality to comply with regulatory guidelines. Implements plans and standard operating procedures of each utility system and review all maintenance activities.
- Build and sustain employee engagement by creating a culture of efficient execution and an environment in which employees can excel and continuously improve. Ensure that appropriate training of all personnel for equipment and processes is maintained and up to date.
- Plan, organize, direct and implement engineering and maintenance services for capital projects, continuous improvement projects and overall facility maintenance activities. Develop budget proposals and control charges against approved budget and monitor/report expenditures.
- Provides day-to-day supervision for facility team including hiring, training, performance management, mentoring and development.
- Manages and records performance metrics, prepares statistical and management reports for leadership, and complete necessary documentation.
- Liaises with functional or operational area managers to ensure that facility activities are integrated with other parts of the business and appropriate for current and future manufacturing activities.
- Assists with strategic planning, participates in continuous improvement and leads projects for the facility function.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years' professional experience preferred and a minimum of 2 years' experience in direct management and supervision of small teams in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of compressed air, dust collection/vacuum, pharmaceutical HVAC systems, Water Systems, and other facility infrastructure systems. Experience troubleshooting in industrial situations.
- Must have experience in cost control, safety, and GMP quality systems. Ability to plan for short, mid and long-range goals. Experience in implementation and use of Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, a plus.
- Strong program/project management, leadership, team building and mentoring skills.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements, under minimal supervision. Commitment and drive to improve manufacturing operations.
- Established knowledge and proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite software.
- Demonstrated self-confidence, and ability to manage consultants and contractors, while interfacing with multiple departments, working with internal customers & engineers to manage projects, policy and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent interpersonal skills, including good oral and written communication skills.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.