Sr. Manager Environmental Health and Safety
Manager EHS Product Stewardship & Chemical Management
This role will develop and lead implementation of an integrated Product Stewardship program and execute the company’s global chemical hazard communication program, with a focus on strategies and best practices to ensure product related regulatory compliance. Serve as company subject matter expert in areas such as laboratory chemical hygiene planning, hazard communication, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), authoring, GHS and product labeling, chemical notification, registration and reporting, TSCA, REACH, POP, OSHA, Prop 65, Poison Control, Packaging Act, dangerous goods transportation regulations and other country specific chemical regulations and supplier product regulatory management.
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve product compliance with regulations requiring product and new chemical substance registration, notification, or permitting
- Conduct auditing to confirm our performance and compliance against program metrics and goals, internal company requirements, and regulations to drive continual improvement
- Understand and guide chemical hygiene plans for Labs, R&D, AR&D, driving hazard determination, risk assessments, safe handling, proper disposal, and appropriate shipment
- Prepare hazard communications documents (Safety Data Sheets, product labels, product conformation forms) support GHS labeling strategy
- Develop, obtain and maintain product safety, regulatory and compositional information for raw materials and finished product data in Gensuite and SAP supporting the WERCS and other customer facing systems (product stewardship database and hazard communications tool)
- Develop and implement restricted substances lists such as EU REACH, Conflict Minerals, EU RoHS, and California Proposition 65 that impact Perrigo products
- Liaison with Sustainability office and Supply Chain staff in regard to social responsibility aspects of chemical management (e.g., Conflict Minerals, Palm Oil)
- Respond to inquiries from customers, regulators, and other external stakeholders as required
- Bachelors in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Toxicology, Environmental Science, Biology or related scientific discipline related to Environment, Health and Safety (EHS)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a product stewardship, regulatory, compliance or similar global role in one or more of the following industries: pharma, chemical manufacturing, or life sciences
- Experience with SDS authoring tools and ERP systems. Strong Excel skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including technical writing
- Highly Desired - Knowledge of regulatory standards and legal requirements related to Product Stewardship and chemical legislations in the countries where Perrigo operates
- Master’s degree in EHS, Engineering or Science related field
- Experience working within SAP, Microsoft Office 365 tools and Gensuite
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.